Cameron Pace Group at the NAB

James Cameron and Vince Pace gave the keynote address at the GAB Show. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be one continuous video of it all. You can keep clicking "up next," or if you can figure out how to get them playing the next one in the queue thingy automatically, that works well. There seems to be six of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HGj9Q2Ab1g&feature=related

But from what I've looked at the Q&A press conference might be more interesting. I think there are about three of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct3eJsz7e68

Maybe 3D is here to stay. I think Sonnyboo is probably right that if they can give us 3D on the big screen and the home theater screen without having to wear the glasses it will...what? Be more fully embraced, I suppose.

Richy,

BACKSTORY -- I just purchased 2 months ago a Mitsubishi 73838 3D TV. Yeah, it's a 73" DLP... but uses only one bulb (we bought extras dirt cheap). Also bought 4 sets of glasses, a IR system, new custom, solid oak cabinet and have Direct TV with HD & 3D. We saved at least 30% to 50% on everything, with free shipping. We should be set for the next fifteen years -- yeah, I know, technology moves forward, (and we are now locked into 2011 technology).

MY POINT -- I love 3D. Whether it is a fad, temporary, hype junk, chump change for the masses -- I LOVE 3D! The glasses don't bother me that much. I watched the NBA in 3D -- WOW. Looking forward to NFL & College football & basketball too!

My wife and son agreed with me, that we would not go to the theater to watch 1st runs, instead, we pooled our cash and will buy a new 3D player with those 3D movies when they become available (it is cheaper to buy the 3D BluRay then for all of us to go to a 3D showing). My understanding is that the home 3D BluRay image is far better then the IMAX 3D anyway due to the polarization process used by cheaper glasses. Plus, by having the movies on hand, we can watch over and over.

The quality is wow. I think many that slam 3D have not seen what we have seen. Then again, I could be wrong... my two cents.

Me too, Don. I've been pretty wowed by a few of the movies in 3D. Some of the glasses offered are more comfortable than others. That sounds like a sweet system you got. *Drool* =)

Back