RIP Columbo :(

Peter Falk's off to solve new mysteries in the Great Beyond.

'Columbo' star Peter Falk dies at 83

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118039074?refCatId=14

With his rumpled raincoat and beat up Peugot car, he was always underestimated by conniving murders (usually played by notable thesps), allowing Columbo to instinctively piece together the evidence and make his move in the last act.

His last few years on this fair planet may not have been his greatest (alzheimers is a bitch), but the man had a career that few will ever rise to.

Thanks for the years of entertainment, sir. :cool:

This was sad news.

I'm far too young for Colombo but I remember growing up one of my favourite comedies was Murder by Death where Falk plays a parody of himself. Man, that film is great.

Cool guy, RIP.

I love "Columbo" to death (had it running all day while I wrote yesterday and probably will some more today), but to me Peter Falk was so much more than that as an actor. He was a wildly diverse, enormously talented character actor who could swing just about any character you threw at him. He had a range and depth that I don't think was ever completely appreciated by a lot of people. He was one of my favorite actors, and I'm certainly going to miss him as far as that goes.

He was one of the best. I own and love every Columbo.

I was also fortunate enough to see him in his final play. Arthur Miller's Mr Peter's Connection. He autographed my playbill and a laserdisc of Cookie.

I was actually nervous meeting him.

Sigh..."No more questions" I guess (off of his well known "Just one more question...")

RIP-I loved Columbo, and In-Laws (the original) one of the more underrated movies out there.

Back