• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch "THE LIAR" Trailer

Whoooooohoooo *crazy happy dance!* 5,200 raised!!!! We are in the dregs of the last hour now my friends but remember! Every last penny beyond 5,000 goes towards making a sleeker, shinier, more brilliant "The Liar" Get your original t-shirts, DVD's autographed swanky swag, and film festival adventure packages now! Thank you all soo much!!

We love you all!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1169145670/the-liar-a-short-film - Get your 5 dollar digital copies of the film and 10 dollar DVD's of the film while you can!

Last edited:
I think it is relatively brilliant.

*Edit to add that your stunt clip is also pretty impressive. Per weapon use though, it is obvious you do much forms practice and little sparring with swords, etc. You are watching the tool as you go through your routine...a swordsman watches the opponent even if only with his peripheral vision. Another martial artist watching your clip will pick that up.

Last edited:
Thanks so much powerkicker! I'm glad to hear your thoughts.

In reality, I actually happen to get far more practice in free sparring and parrying drills than formal kata work.

Upon re-watching the blade-work I see that my line of vision appears to be in the general direction I am striking, with a heavy use of peripherals, no? I have always found that it is best to view one's opponent as part of a cardinal direction, North, South, East, West, and diagonals, this assures that one does not telegraph where one is going to strike, or whether the opponents strike has been perceived, and also allows the eyes a wide enough image to watch both sides of an opponents body, wanto, and yoko. That being said I plan on experimenting with adjusting certain techniques for the camera. :)

I'm always glad to talk shop with a fellow warrior ;) hehe.

I will watch the stunt clip on my mac later. It is possible my droid monitor is throwing off my perception. You appeared to be looking down and/or watching the hilt and nunchuka/hands fairly often.

I tend to softly focus the opponent's chest and watch his quarters with my peripheral vision. He aint moving anything without me seeing it. Being fast enough to stop him everytime is another matter:lol:

I agree, it is good to see another Swordsman here.

Last edited:
Back