How to use Twitter for crowd funding

Yeah, all those points make a lot of sense. That's why I'm constantly helping other people's campaigns on Kickstarter and sharing other people's content as we build our own.

What's working for us is generating an engine where we bounce back and forth between other peoples stuff and ours and developing ways to engage the growing fan base, such as holding polls for our cast choices and filming the little things like location scouting and read-through parties.

But of course, you gotta look sexy for everyone. That's why we've been slow with our first launch before Kickstarter. I recommend pre-writing articles if you have the time or outsourcing it to someone else. It's a nice filler and a good chance for people to pick your brain and communicate to your niche market. It's enormously helpful.

I think the advice given applies far beyond twitter - for instance, replace 'twitter' with 'internet forums' and it pretty much sums up the common issues we see over and over with campaigns that are promoted here at IT.

No. The CEO of Stage 32 wrote it. He also has another great article up on Medium about Robin Williams.

He writes blogs on Stage32 all the time if you're interested in his writing. I've recently become obsessed with that site and am going through all his work.

His name is Richard Botto if anyone wants to look it up.

Back