Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Tools of the Trade > Equipment

Old 06-28-2018, 12:20 AM   #31
IronFilm
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaonabike View Post
Love to see that. My shoot tomorrow (I have a corporate customer) goes back to the age of talkies. We are using a C-stand because the interviewee is seated and because we are shooting on a C500, we have a noise reduction unit!

Le plus ca change.
I've heard the C500 in 4K raw is very very noisy? If you're shooting 4K that is, then check out the custom fans people have built to make it quieter.
IronFilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 06-29-2018, 02:39 AM   #32
gorillaonabike
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFilm View Post
I've heard the C500 in 4K raw is very very noisy? If you're shooting 4K that is, then check out the custom fans people have built to make it quieter.
I have a custom fan. The C500 is the bargain of the century because it's being sold off very cheaply but the images are incredible. I bought one from Canon which was 80% discounted over the original price with 1 hour on it. With the external fan unit, it's a cinema camera for DSLR money.

They are also incredibly robust.

The only issue is the fan unit but with an external, 80% off original price directly from Canon!!!!! If it's good enough for Scorcese, it's good enough for me!
gorillaonabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:50 AM   #33
sfoster
IndieTalk Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaonabike View Post
I have a custom fan. The C500 is the bargain of the century because it's being sold off very cheaply but the images are incredible. I bought one from Canon which was 80% discounted over the original price with 1 hour on it. With the external fan unit, it's a cinema camera for DSLR money.

They are also incredibly robust.

The only issue is the fan unit but with an external, 80% off original price directly from Canon!!!!! If it's good enough for Scorcese, it's good enough for me!
you bought it from canon? how did that happen
their website doesn't sell anything, you have to go through individual retailers.
sfoster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 03:01 PM   #34
gorillaonabike
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoster View Post
you bought it from canon? how did that happen
their website doesn't sell anything, you have to go through individual retailers.
They had some kind of display model which they were trying to get rid of.

EDIT: Actually, no, you're right. I spoke with the Canon guy at the warehouse and then bought it through a partner. They wouldn't sell it to me directly so I had to go through someone.

I was thinking about the Sony. Sony had a direct sales channel and I spoke to someone over the phone who sold me one directly a few years back.

Last edited by gorillaonabike; 06-30-2018 at 03:24 AM.
gorillaonabike is offline   Reply With Quote