NINA - Superhero Short Film Teaser Trailer

Hey just got done filming a project for the 48 Hour Film Festival here in Baltimore and put up a trailer for it today. The short will be put up soon but I have been trying to get an opinion on how it looks so far, so any feedback I can get on it would be amazing. We filmed it using a Canon 7D with a L lens attached.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_ydax73DjQ

Thanks guys,
Dansiah

Hey just got done filming a project for the 48 Hour Film Festival here in Baltimore and put up a trailer for it today. The short will be put up soon but I have been trying to get an opinion on how it looks so far, so any feedback I can get on it would be amazing. We filmed it using a Canon 7D with a L lens attached.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_ydax73DjQ

Thanks guys,
Dansiah

Sounds interesting, just my opinion tho (i am not to experienced yet but will be learning!)

Adding those aspect ratios i think that's what they are called
the two black bars at the top and bottom of the video may enhance the feel of it
(more movie like) but then again that doesnt always help

many of today's viewers are a.d.d. or less patient (not all)
i've watched quite a few trailers before and most of them have little to few lines but only last for 2-3 seconds each always changing the image. (ohh look up some of your favorite super hero movie trailers) Kick Ass might be one you could relate to but it doesnt really seem like you are trying to make a comedy

Im not sure how i feel about the shot with the car and the man, maybe that scene filmed two different shots?
(from her walking in and out of the shot, with her back to the camera felt like i was a bit disconnected from the scene)
What he said did add to the trailer tho

The gun shot sounded kind of empty, rather flat - a friend of mine told me gun shots have more of a echo, or laser like sound to it, and to watch some action movies with many guns, war movies specifically to listen to the way they make gun shot sounds. i never really thought of that until he mentioned it. it seemed natural to me when i watched it at first but now i notice it a hell lot more.

I also feel like the shot of Nina running up on the playground near was too distant to focus on any emotion or the triumph not on my first round of watching it, maybe add or change to a different angle.

just realized this is just a trailer, and the actual film is probably a hell lot more awesome than you are letting us in on. The quality of the videos look great, im looking forward to seeing the rest

Thanks for listening to my "rant" lol in the end this is all my opinion
Best of luck with the rest of your film 48 hours is awesome the longest i've filmed anything for was about 2 hours (movie related)

Back