The DC Cinematic Universe

Fair point about the universes. But, just to give a plug for the comic book creators, I would say they were the ones who created the universes. Whenever I read Wikipedia pages for comic book characters, I'm impressed by the expansive worlds of imagination they created. So, I would suggest the big film companies are co-opting and cashing in on what those others have made.

16 Upcoming DC Movies That Are Going To Blow Everyone Away

Looks rather ho-hum.

I haven't seen Wonder Woman or Suicide Squad or Justice League. I thought Batman v Superman was a pretty good film. But, then I bought the Blu-ray and watched it a second time and…well, was much less enthused.

I appreciate the dark story lines. After all, the night is dark and full of terrors…and life is, and the world is, and the universe is, etc. If D.C wants to cover that, as opposed to the golly-gee-whiz-Forest Gump approach of the Marvel films, then more power to them. Not that the Marvel franchise does not go there too! To claim otherwise is a misrepresentation. At least, take a look at the first couple of Captain America films.

D.C. has mostly been dull compared to Marvel, in my opinion, going back through their comic book origins. That^ film lineup is pretty uninteresting to me. Furthermore, Batman, the least uninteresting character of the D.C Universe, might return to the realm of vaguely interesting if the franchise chooses a different actor. Until then, it's a big "meh" for me. I wish actors would follow the IT credo of no politics, at least in their public lives. 'Politics divide us,' …and alienate audience members like me, who are also ticket buyers and video buyers.

In any case, the man who needs to play Batman is still Michael Fassbender.

Last edited:
Michael Fassbender wouldn't make a good Batman; they need to reboot the franchize. Ben Affleck was an old Batman about to retire. We need someone young.

Oh man, even just the 1st 6 mins. of Justice League, already smh.
I can sort of understand what I'm supposed to feel, but I'm not into it.
The people here that like the movie, when you got to the first few titles of the moody music video, were you liking it so far?

What I liked was the Batman introduction scene at the beginning. That was bad ass. It gave me a Tim Burton feel.

Ya that was decent. Although after the parademon was gone & the criminal started talking to Batman it felt strange. He almost died after Batman used him to lure the demon, & after that he's just casually asking what are those things, like they're buddies now? They needed him for exposition, but the tone & his motivation is off.

I like Justice League because the characters had a more emotional feel to the audience. You cared for them because of how they explored them as actual humans.

Ya that part's good.
I guess that Superman clip at the beginning took me out of it from the start. Not just his face, but that's part of it. His costume & his body looks strange, is it the lighting? The lens? A different costume? He looks distorted. He looked better in the previous films. What happened?

And the stuff he says: It's like a winding river, etc... Hope is like your car keys?
I think I'm supposed to feel wistful cuz he's dead, but I'm distracted by the visuals & dialog. The kids asking him questions trivialize it, gives it a light tone that goes against what I think I'm supposed to feel.

His face looks distorted because they had to remove his mustache digitally. He was shooting Mission Impossible 6 at the time.

I think the kids asking Superman those questions makes it a bit more realistic and fits within the world. Kids look up to Superman like an idol, so it makes sense.

"We'll just fix it in post" still holds true as a bad idea in 2017.

Lol, They had no choice because they had to reshoot some scenes. They thought they were finished. You can't really blame them.

Point being, the fixes are never as good as one thinks at the time, even with today's technology.

It sounds like they were really pressed for time with those CGI fixes because of Snyder's family tragedy & Whedon having to come in & do reshoots.
Overall I liked it, the good things outweighed the bad.
But WB has some hard thinking to do, I don't think it made as much profit as it should have.

Probably, but I don't think that's a big enough reason for it not making a lot more money.
Question, when Bruce meets Barry Allen, he says he doesn't know what his abilities are, then he throws a batarang at Barry's face. Bruce doesn't really know Barry can protect himself from that, right? So Bruce just risked hurting a young innocent guy, a guy that he's trying to recruit to fight in this battle that's coming soon?

He was hoping that his reacting time was key. I always saw that scene as aesthetic; something good to look at but not necessary. Of course, Bruce knew He had lightning speed. Have you forgotten he saw the video in BVS of the metahumans?

Back