• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch NEW VIDEO - Klondike Bar Commercial (parody)

thats a lot of gay bj jokes but still its rather funny. Sadly, i don't think Klondike will ever go for that. I always wanted to film a Long John Silvers Commercial where the catch phrase is "Long John Silvers, thats some good shit"
Good luck to you guys on future stuff.

Had some outrageous gags, but I wouldn't call it a Klondike parody.

Klondike's commercials look like this: Klondike commercial

They made scores of them, just like it, following the exact same formula: No, maybe, yes, eat/enjoy.

It's definitely a ripe target for parody - but simply slapping the jingle before a series of outlandish statements & actions doesn't neccesarily make it one, if the basic defining outline of the original concept has been ignored.

Hmmm...lot's of positive feedback, and that's always a good thing. I personally didn't like it at all. I felt it was vulgar to be vulgar, the things that were said weren't original, and the overall quality of the production was super low (what was with that sticking pan left?).

Ya, and it's not a parody.

I'm glad to see you guys are picking up a camera, and trying to make things happen, and kudos for that.

i can see where you're coming from M1chae1, the joke wasnt meant to come off as vulgar just to be vulgar. the joke was supposed to mock the fact that people are willing to do ridiculous things for klondike bars when they can just go to store and buy them for pretty cheap. i thought the more ridiculous and over the top the situations were the funnier it would be. but i can definitely see where you're coming from.

and i for sure agree that the quality was very poor, haven't made to many videos, lol

To the undeservingly self-righteous...AKA M1chae1

Alright Michaei (that is how you spell your name I assume, why else would you have the same number for two different letters...that would just be dumb), I don't know if you've heard of this new craze called comedy but vulgar seems to be a pretty large part of what's popular, not to mention funny. So I apologize if your grandmother doesn't like the video but if you'd just turn off your silent film for a second to watch a modern movie you'll understand what I'm talking about. As far as the production quality you're talking about, not everyone was born with a golden spoon in their hand and has the newest camera or best editing software. Besides what would you know about production? Where are your films? You're an actor. Word of advice...just stick to the script.

Alright Michaei (that is how you spell your name I assume, why else would you have the same number for two different letters...that would just be dumb), I don't know if you've heard of this new craze called comedy but vulgar seems to be a pretty large part of what's popular, not to mention funny. So I apologize if your grandmother doesn't like the video but if you'd just turn off your silent film for a second to watch a modern movie you'll understand what I'm talking about. As far as the production quality you're talking about, not everyone was born with a golden spoon in their hand and has the newest camera or best editing software. Besides what would you know about production? Where are your films? You're an actor. Word of advice...just stick to the script.
I see you're cwags' friend, perhaps you worked on the production since your only posts are giving his shorts rave reviews.

cwags handled the criticism fine, but your post shows your immaturity not being able to handle criticism. When you grow up you'll learn that reviews are opinions and everyone here is entitled to their opinion. No need to attack someone for posting theirs. Go back to YouTube.

my rebuttal

I understand what you're saying, you're right everyone is entitled to their opinions. Friend of cwags or not, I think that M1chae1's reaction to the video was a little too smug to be a respectable criticism. I might have gone over the top a bit but I'm not about to sit back and let someone talk down to another member, simply because of a lack of resources instead of skill. This is Indietalk, not Oscartalk.

I'm sorry if my critisism seemed harsh...I don't believe in sugar-coating on these boards. This is a board of (mostly) serious filmmakers, who are looking to learn from one another, and realize this industry is harsh...it does no one any good to splash positives onto a project that doesn't deserve it.

Listen, I'm not a prude, and I enjoy a bit of loose, adult language. But there is a massive difference between well-written adult humor, and unintelligent, uncreative, and obvviously rushed dialog, with the pure goal of shock value. That's not filmmaking, I'm sorry. And I'll be honest about that.

And if you noticed, I did give a positive praise at the end of my post, as encouragement. This industry is abrasive and hard-knock...if you're going to personally insult every reviewer or audience memeber that didn't like your movie, well then you're in the wrong industry--as IndieTalk said, 'Go back to Youtube.'

Cheers.

I totally agree with M1chae1.

I had previously refrained from comment because I too found this disgusting, not funny, and very poorly made. Some of that doesn't surprise me because youtube in general is filled with videos that are not watchable.

Quoting for douchiness. What a load of self-righteous horse-droppings.
smiley_banjo.gif

Get a grip, dude. :rolleyes:

Then go enter this YouTube film challenge. :lol:

Then - relax and have a laugh. If you put half as much effort into improving the next film as you do spewing diatribes towards critics, you'll come out ahead.

Noone expects the very first projects to be off-the-hook-awesome. It's a constant process of learning what worked and what didn't - often after the fact. The filmmaker for this put it out for viewing, and asked for comments. He got 'em. He was gracious enough to read everyone's opinion, respond to them, and not call them names. He's probably incorporated some of the feedback into whatever's coming next.

What he doesn't need is to be white-knighted by some dipshit friend that makes him look like an ass. Cwags is a big boy and can look after himself. He's done fine, so far.

This is Indietalk, not Oscartalk.

The irony behind this is awesome. :cool:

If you ever want to hear the fakest, phoniest, sychophantic yes-man feedback on your film projects - attend an Oscars party. I kid you not.

Meanwhile - just chill, dude. Filmmaking is one of the most social activities out there. Noone likes a prima-donna.

:)

whoa!!! looks like i need to check this thing more often, drama. lol...... thanks for the support but i think you may have crossed the line a little 2graphic, i hope this doesn't look negatively on me. i appreciate all of the criticism, criticism is the only way to improve. i apologize to anyone i offended, the purpose of the over the top lines was to show how ridiculous it is to do anything for a klondike bar besides just buying one. but i can see now that they were too over the top and instead of improving the joke it actually over shadowed the joke. Well i've learned something from every video and will continue to learn i'm sure so i guess its alright

Back