• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Accountability!

Hey everyone!

I am new to the site and I joined because I am sick of procrastinating and I want to get some accountability for practicing writing and following through with projects.

So Im going to be posting updates on my writing and everyone is welcome to do the same so we can discuss!

Dont give up!:cool:

Thank you!
Justin

A man, struggling to write a feature film screenplay, blows up. The four members of his close family are informed that he had a rare condition that caused him to explode when he couldn't come up with a good screenplay idea. The disease is an undetectable genetic illness and they each have a one in four chance of having the illness. There is, however, a cure that cost $50,000 per person, money that the family don't have. BUT WAIT! There's a big screenplay writing competition coming to town, the first prize for which is $200,000. Can the family win the money? Or will one of them explode in the process?

This shit just writes itself.

That's a fusion between South Park and Hot Rod.

Great. Do not set unreachable goals for yourself. On a good day, I write less than ten pages. Give yourself enough time to write, but push yourself to write more than you did the day before. If I get stuck on a scene, I jump to the next turning point in the plot and work from there for a little while. I later return to the part that had me stymied and just figure out how the earlier point leads to the plot turn and write from there. Keep us posted on your progress.

You writing to shoot yourself as director/producer - or - writing pie-in-the-sky hoping someone else will shell out the time and money?
It makes a difference in what you write, seriously.
I've seen this man give similar advice before and if you take anything at all away from this site, it should be this advice.

Clerks: Written by a man who wanted to make a film, on the tiniest of micro-budgets.

Wrath of the Titans: Written by people who were paid by rich Hollywood executives, knowing that budget was pretty much not an issue.

Don't write about bridges exploding if you're self-funding; don't take a loan you'll have to pay off for the rest of your life! Seriously, for every Clerks and Blair Witch, there are thousands of unfinished or unseen or failing to even recoup their investment films made.

Back