[Mar 20] What are you working on this week?

Working on casting and location for my first feature, shooting late summer/early fall. Landed my dream actor for one role last week, so I'm full-speed ahead now!

Meeting with the owner of a location on Wednesday, emailing to follow up with some actors I've already been talking to, and meeting with a friend who has some great contacts a week from today.

Nothing for me. I'm waiting until late april to start my next project.

I want to use my best friends basement for it but he has divorce court next month and IDK whats going to happen to the property in those proceedings.

Mayyyybe I'll start editing the other short that I filmed.

but i still need to find a heroin chic computer hacker chick.
It's what all the cool kids are doing

White3.jpg

rs-mr-robot-1f7b2772-c070-4340-8a91-3bbe0911ee24.jpg

I swear these two actresses are playing the same character on two different shows :lol:
Mr. Robot and The Strain - Heroin Chic hacker babes

C-Chap, that's exciting news! Please keep us posted.

SFoster, even when you're doing nothing, you're never not doing nothing. Let that one rattle around your brain.

Me? I have numerous projects in various stages of development. The big one, of course, is the next feature. In addition to continuing work on the screenplay, a very high priority is to recruit co-producers. An old family friend and I are going to do some spit-balling (for a short film) later this week, and I hope our relationship will develop to become one of filmmaking partners.

Happy filmmaking, y'all!

SFoster, even when you're doing nothing, you're never not doing nothing. Let that one rattle around your brain.

Me? I have numerous projects in various stages of development. The big one, of course, is the next feature. In addition to continuing work on the screenplay, a very high priority is to recruit co-producers. An old family friend and I are going to do some spit-balling (for a short film) later this week, and I hope our relationship will develop to become one of filmmaking partners.

Happy filmmaking, y'all!

Excited to see a few people talking about features.

I've got a touch of post left on Fissure and am trying to lock down a weekend for a double short film shoot. A mate of mine (he did CtrlZ which is doing very well on the festival circuit I might add, search it out) gave each other a logline, then sent the loglines to each other. We then wrote a script in an hour and that's what we are shooting next. Just a bit of a fun exercise to 'not rust over'. Can't wait.

Happy filmmaking, y'all!

I will definitely keep everyone posted. I've been MIA for quite awhile here, but I'm sure I'll have questions/want input along the way since this is my first feature!

And I can so relate to the finding co-producers thing. I sort of have a co-producer for this one, but she's on the opposite side of the country, so much of the on-the-ground work is falling on me. :coffee:

Preparing to shoot my crowdfund video this thursday.
But now writing a proposal for a sponsordeal to hopefully secure 40% of the funding we seek :)

Working on casting and location for my first feature, shooting late summer/early fall. Landed my dream actor for one role last week, so I'm full-speed ahead now!

Meeting with the owner of a location on Wednesday, emailing to follow up with some actors I've already been talking to, and meeting with a friend who has some great contacts a week from today.

That is great to hear! :)

Wedding videography! That's my new thing, as of yesterday. I've flirted with the idea for months, finally decided to pull the trigger. I will continue working in restaurants, cuz I kinda have to, but only for two days per week. The rest of the week shall be dedicated to the camera. :D

Unfortunately just homework.

I have 5 things in Post. But now nothing. I guess my grades will go up? I did book the lead in a movie that shoots in 2018. It's the same director from Regionrat (trailer below) that I had 3 callbacks on but he gave me this part without auditioning. That is cool.

Im going to an awards show in Utah in two weeks where Im up for best lead actor from American Nobody, trailer below. I'm also up for best actor under 18 for my own film Spoilers cuz I was 17 when I did it. So sorta weird Im up for both. They showed a little clip of me in their announcements. https://youtu.be/pj2qCNRP5rA

American Nobody https://vimeo.com/user26319684/review/144458898/3c234c447f

Regionrat https://vimeo.com/193596539?ref=fb-share

IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5890659/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Thanks to anyone watching all clips. :) Basically I'm totally free to shoot anything/anywhere. Anybody?

OH would love to get feedback to see which trailer seems more appealing to people? It's ok if the answer is none of them. :/

Back