Interview with the Vampire Lestat

sfoster

Staff Member
Yes folks after 21 years a sequel is coming to Interview with the Vampire!!
It picks up right where the first movie left off - Lestat turning Daniel Malloy (slater) into a vampire.

It's an 8 page comedy script and I've got 7 hours to film it this sunday.
No rehearsals and the actors won't have their lines memorized.
I will be director, dop, and psm.

If I believed in god I would be praying right now.
I've got an inexperienced friend to hold the boom. At least he is really tall :lol:

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing it!

Don't get too excited :lol:
I was using lookalikes instead of actors. And I didn't have enough time to change the lighting on each setup so it's just flooded, in fact sometimes I only had enough time for one take.

It all got screwed up by that friend I had help with audio. He failed to record audio for more than half of our first day… was piping nothing to his head phones and he didn't notice. I just went to see if I could take a few scenes from that day 1 for this trailer and in the few audio clips I do have, I can hear his hands moving all over the boom pole. ugh. still going to use one of those takes though.. can't left perfect get in the way of good enough.

When I had someone else do audio for day 2 I monitored it myself because I learned you can't trust anyone that isn't dedicated to the craft.

oh man it all just came together. My super dramatic movie trailer voice coupled with their amateur acting abilities and poor lighting is a really funny juxtaposition.

i'm not saying it's great but people may watch the whole 103 seconds.
i did my best to imitate the guy from the original trailer up there ^

It's been an entire year. How sad. The editing was finished a while ago but i've been waiting on the music. Tried a few people and been patient with them and they have come up with nothing.

I'm going in person this sunday to be there while an old friend of mine composes the music.
This project WILL see the light of day.

I mean it's basically finished i just need a music dude to do the rest of the work for me.
I can't screw that up. It's just a matter of time. Hopefully this sunday is that time.

I have the music!!! Met with my composer yesterday and we hashed something out.

Christian Slater and Tom Cruise!
I've been waiting for this sequel since 1994

LestatYoutube.jpg

Tried my best to match their outfits in the film too

b6604b2db88d5eb83fc05b9e374ef584.jpg

Last edited:
New thumbnail and officially releasing this in ~16 hours!
Any thoughts on the new thumbnail ?

InterviewThum.jpg

I feel kind of lame with those laughing emoji at the top but I see so many facebook videos doing it these days there must be some merit to it.

Back