What can I do to get other aspiring filmmakers to shoot scenes for practice?

Basically I want to shoot really short scenes, like maybe even one page only, for practice. I have some scripts, but I do not necessarily want to shoot the whole script. I just want to shoot one scene, and would like to get cast and crew, interested as well.

But since it would just be one scene, that is not a whole story, is there anything I can do to get them interested, even though it's not the whole story?

If you want to be taken seriously here you have to stop asking questions like this. Every day you ask these questions. We can't hold your hand and we have to stop answering the obvious. Take the reigns and make some decisions!

Okay thanks. But I already did, and they seemed interested, but then when they read the scenes, the interest dropped. I think it was because it was just one scene, and maybe they were expecting a whole story? So is there anything I can do to gain interest for one scene, other than just ask?

If you want to be taken seriously here you have to stop asking questions like this. Every day you ask these questions. We can't hold your hand and we have to stop answering the obvious. Take the reigns and make some decisions!

Okay. I feel I keep making the wrong ones, and I wanted to avoid more mistakes. But I suppose I should stop asking then as much.

Here's the part where filmmakers will tell you making mistakes is how you learn. More circular discussions.

Sorry this is ridiculous. Log off and go figure this out in the real world. You can do it. This is taking up soooo much time here it is beyond distracting and lowering the value of this forum as far as what is discussed here.

Ryan,

1) STOP POSTING.
2) GRAB YOUR CAMERA.
3) GO MAKE SOMETHING.

By the way, you have mentioned not wanting to make bad videos for fear of ruining your reputation. You know what ruins a reputation? Leaving a MASSIVE digitsl footprint on a forum like this.

Practice makes perfect. Running in circles on a forum makes nothing productive whatsoever. Don't post. Shoot video.

They didn't lose interest because it was one scene or just 2 pages, but because the scene didn't offer anything interesting for them. (This has been discussed a 1000 times by now.)

I had 3 people driving almost 2 hours for a 85 second short.
We shot it in 1 day.
Okay, we also made it to send to friends, family and business relations for easter. So that was also something that appealed to the cast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMvutwXb2Rg

(rediscovered the English version)

It doesn't have to be genius, but it shouldn't be boring or pointless either.

Last edited:
Back