• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

How can I get this effect in Premiere Pro?

Basically I want the type of video transition that is used at 3:09 into the video example. At 3:09 there is a flash, as it goes from scene to scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps-PhcHSXe8

The flash looks like the video is overexposing, and they are using the overexposure, as a transition. However, is it possible to get an overexposure transition in premiere pro, if that's what it is? Or what is it? I tried customizing my own overexposure transition, however, I have to rebuild it every time I want to use it. Even if I want to lengthen or shorten it to see which length of transition looks the best, I have to rebuild the transition each time.

Is it possible to build my own transition, and save it in the program, so I can keep on re-applying it, without having to remake it each time? Or if not, is it possible to get a plug in with this type of transition in, to use?

Okay thanks. The dip to white looks different cause it looks like a white cloud light effect, where as this video effect overexposes till it gets white, then the exposure goes down. I can keep playing with it.

That is why I said 'or'.
Use levels and keyframe the effect.

Silly enough I assume you know how levels work AND how to use keyframes.

Last edited:
It's an additive dissolve..

In Premiere pro go to:
Effect/video transitions/Dissolve/Additive Dissolve

Apply the effect between two clips and adjust to your liking :)

/Per Haar

Back