• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Award winning young composer, signed, published and still .. cheap??? what???

Hey everyone,

my name is Chris. I just wanted to make you aware of who I am, what I do, how you can find me and how I can give you a hand.

I'm a 28 year old all round sound guy. Composer, engineer, sound designer and so on. I am recently known for my work on the forthcoming Sean Bean feature Enemy Of Man, and am currently working with senior designers at Lucasfilm ILM on a Sci-Fi short (check my website for screenshots) other than that my lips are sealed on that gig for now. I'll be sure to spill the beans as and when I'm allowed to. Please visit my website for a much more extensive view of what and who I've composed for already.

I'd love the opportunity to work with you on your films and creations so if you need someone who can take care of your audio needs don't hesitate to say hello. In a world where 'Disposable off the shelf music' is as common as sugar in a supermarket I think it's important to try and work closely with directors and creatives alike to tailor the sound for them. Importantly, this doesn't mean it has to be expensive, and more importantly, no one else has their mits on it, it's an original score, what you wanted eh? If you saw the same stock footage in 20 different films, wouldn't the credibility of those projects go out the window? So why take music from a shelf? It's no different. And, It can be a lot quicker to ask a composer such as myself to make something than to trawl the internet for something that fits. It's also highly likely by the time you've found it, your playing sloppy seconds to 27 other people that used the same piece. I certainly wouldn't deny some music is powerful enough and good enough to carry the 27 projects it is sat under, but let's be honest, that's not progressive in the creation of new art imo.

There are many pieces of music on my website that I may be happy for people to use on their projects (if you wished and don't have a two penny's to rub together) But please ask me which piece/pieces and I will let you know if it is ok to do so, as some are licensed and I'd be in trouble with my publishers. To be honest I'd rather do my best to help you meet whatever budget you have than to give you something I wrote for another purpose, it feels like professional prostitution to just get my name on more things, sorry if i've just offended half the world. It is what it is, each to their own. What you will find is, I'm super friendly, full of ideas, a great listener in realising YOUR vision not self indulging in my own and i'm proud to be friends with some of the greatest talent from Institutions like the BBC symphonic, Guildhall, the Royal Academy of Music and so forth, who are always happen to come and perform on my productions.

If you have any questions at all you can find me at www.chriscooperproduction.co.uk

I look forward to hearing from you, and best of luck to everyone with their own paths, projects and creative future's.

All the best,

Chris

http://www.chriscooperproduction.co.uk

Last edited:
Thanks

Hey, thanks for the welcome, some great articles and threads on this site. I'll be sure to try and contribute as much as I can, and once again, please don't hesitate to ask if anyone needs a hand at all with anything. It's no trouble.

C

You're scoring Enemy of Man? That's awesome. I backed the film, along with a million others, back when it was on KS. Looking forward to how it turns out, though I imagine their bricking it about the release of the Fassbender/Cotillard Macbeth...

EOM

Hey Nick, thanks for the message. I scored the pre production trailer and have just finished scoring Instruments Of Darkness which is the 10 minute short of EOM to be released very soon. I'm not confirmed as the composer of the feature, although I've developed a good relationship with the team and director so who knows. Any involvement in the feature would be amazing from my perspective. As I'm sure you're aware, it's a very uncertain industry and anything could happen. With a star studded cast though, it seems only logical that a huge name composer will get drafted in for the feature, but as I say, who knows. It's been awesome to do what I've done already and will be great when Instruments Of Darkness is released soon. It looks awesome. It does feel a little bit of a shame that the Macbeth story Is being put together by two production houses. Given the cast for Enemy Of Man though and Vincent's wonderful dedication to the story, I wouldn't too concerned If I were them.

Last edited:
Back