• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Our little Scottish film I.Q YOU

It looks interesting enough, from what I skimmed through on the page.

However, you're 15 minute promotional video... I'm not sure that's a good idea. Maybe people who contribute to indiegogo's regularly are more likely to spend 15 minutes to watch your video? I don't know (but if people are surfing indiegogo looking for something they want to contribute to, my guess is they'll look at 5 three minute videos before they look at one 15 minute one). But it lost me. I went back up the page to watch it, but I don't really want to take those 15 minutes out of my day, as harsh or petty as that sounds. If your video was 5 or less minutes (preferably less) I would've watched it, and maybe donated.

That doesn't mean having all that info is bad, but it makes it hard to hook people. You could split the video into a series of videos (so one is a very basic hook, then the following ones go more in depth).

I thought your promo was quite excellent, I watched most of it because your cinematography, color grading, writing and acting were quite compelling to me.

However, cheese is probably right, it's a bit long to appeal to those you want to give you money - most people aren't like me.

Out of curiosity - how do people donate to projects that are of foreign currency?

Nice job, I'll certainly follow it and consider donating.

Thanks dude - it is a bit long but all the things you liked is exactly what we were trying to show. The standard of all aspects of the project.

The currency change should be automatic. You enter the amount in pounds and the related amount will be donated.

Back