• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Brugato- A Feature Film

Brugato- Original Period Drama

Hello!

I'm making a film this summer and looking to raise $2,250, and I'll tell you a little more about my film.

We've raised $1,151 on Indiegogo as of March 15th , and another $255 in cash Our budget is almost divided into thirds on equipment, food and film festival/wardrobe, make up, etc... Our cast is about 60 people big, with about 20-40 people who plan to show up every day.

Our Indiegogo page is here- http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/brugato/x/2670076
and our IMDb is here- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3365348/?ref_=rvi_tt

The film was originally planed to be a comedy, however, that changed in December, and became an explicit drama.Our cast is composed of highly talented, hardworking people who do seek careers in the entertainment industry. Any donation, big or small would benefit us greatly, and we'd be extremely thankful. The film will not be sold, but appropriate credit for a donation will be given. The soundtrack is the main hindrance of us selling the film as half of it is original, and the other half are songs that are copyrighted, but used appropriately under the Fair Use Law.

The Synopsis of the film is- The hustle and bustle of America's golden era sometimes gets to the best of some people. A 1932 corruption riddled man named Franco always dreams of living a great life in the future. His wife, Lana, is his greatest pride and he adores her to no end.. He is soon approached with foiling a large drug scandal in 2014, through a wild time switch. He later lets a new girl get in his way, making him rearrange the priorities in his life. Soon, he'll realize and decide which type of life he'd like to live.

Take a look, and if you can, please donate! :)

Last edited:
Hello!

I'm making a film this summer and looking to raise $2,250, and I'll tell you a little more about my film.

We've raised $1,151 on Indiegogo as of March 15th , and another $255 in cash Our budget is almost divided into thirds on equipment, food and film festival/wardrobe, make up, etc... Our cast is about 60 people big, with about 20-40 people who plan to show up every day.

Our Indiegogo page is here-http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/brugato/x/2670076
and our IMDb is here- http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3365348/?ref_=rvi_tt

The film was originally planed to be a comedy, however, that changed in December, and became an explicit drama.Our cast is composed of highly talented, hardworking people who do seek careers in the entertainment industry. Any donation, big or small would benefit us greatly, and we'd be extremely thankful. The film will not be sold, but appropriate credit for a donation will be given. The soundtrack is the main hindrance of us selling the film as half of it is original, and the other half are songs that are copyrighted, but used appropriately under the Fair Use Law.

The Synopsis of the film is- The hustle and bustle of America's golden era sometimes gets to the best of some people. A 1932 corruption riddled man named Franco always dreams of living a great life in the future. His wife, Lana, is his greatest pride and he adores her to no end.. He is soon approached with foiling a large drug scandal in 2014, through a wild time switch. He later lets a new girl get in his way, making him rearrange the priorities in his life. Soon, he'll realize and decide which type of life he'd like to live.

Take a look, and if you can, please donate! :)

OK. A period film on 2500$. All I can say is good luck. You will need it. Lots of it.

The film will not be sold, but appropriate credit for a donation will be given. The soundtrack is the main hindrance of us selling the film as half of it is original, and the other half are songs that are copyrighted, but used appropriately under the Fair Use Law.
Based on the definition of Fair Use, I would say you do not fit. You are making a feature move which does not fit into commentary, search engines, criticism, parody, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. I would imagine the second you distribute, even for free you will have lots of contact with lawyers from each of those copyrighted music pieces.

Again good luck. You are going to need it.

OK. A period film on 2500$. All I can say is good luck. You will need it. Lots of it.

Based on the definition of Fair Use, I would say you do not fit. You are making a feature move which does not fit into commentary, search engines, criticism, parody, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. I would imagine the second you distribute, even for free you will have lots of contact with lawyers from each of those copyrighted music pieces.

Again good luck. You are going to need it.

Thank you!
And the film will be made for criticistical purposes, thus it does fit under the definition of the law, the film will also be a learning experience for the cast (which yes- is not exactly the teaching they law entails) but the first reason is why the film will fit the law.

For the sake of criticism and commentary :P

But I can understand the budget concerns, being too low. This is third film over sixty minutes, however, those were "just for fun" this is our first serious project, and our leeway into professional film making. We would like to start small, and eventually ask for more.

Any donations would be greatly appreciated!

Either you are making a period drama OR you are making a documentary about music which specifically critiques the copyright music you are using. The period drama would not be covered by "fair use" the documentary might be. Nor does the fact that your cast/crew will be learning from the experience qualify for "fair use".

According to your description of what you are making, if you use copyrighted music without clearance you will be breaking copyright law! BTW, using un-cleared copyrighted music in your film does not just stop you selling the film, it stops you from ever showing it to anyone as well.

G

Back