Youtube Music Change Stuff...

A very deep and complex topic. What they don't address is unsigned indie artists; will they be blocked as well?

Much of YouTubes popularity has been anyone, no matter what (within a few limitations), can post a video and potentially become a star. If you aren't signed to a label will you still be able to post videos at all? That is just one issue that does not seem to be addressed. Another is the incredible plethora of people who post their cover versions of popular songs; what happens to that content?

I wonder what will happen when they start doing the same thing to indie filmmakers. Only Hollywood trailers?

A very deep and complex topic. What they don't address is unsigned indie artists; will they be blocked as well?

Much of YouTubes popularity has been anyone, no matter what (within a few limitations), can post a video and potentially become a star. If you aren't signed to a label will you still be able to post videos at all? That is just one issue that does not seem to be addressed. Another is the incredible plethora of people who post their cover versions of popular songs; what happens to that content?

I wonder what will happen when they start doing the same thing to indie filmmakers. Only Hollywood trailers?

it's addressed in one of those links. it says something about the complications of an artist being signed in both the UK and US. But normal people can still create and upload songs without being effected

normal people can still create and upload songs without being effected

Affected.

The article was a little short on specifics. Also, from my experience, such corporate "rules and regulations" can be randomly applied, and are written vaguely enough that their meaning can be rather rubbery, so they can be applied as the corporate entity decides without seeming logic.

Affected.

The article was a little short on specifics. Also, from my experience, such corporate "rules and regulations" can be randomly applied, and are written vaguely enough that their meaning can be rather rubbery, so they can be applied as the corporate entity decides without seeming logic.

I wrote affected and then second guessed myself. :lol:

Back