• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Time - Short Film

It's pleasant to look at. I'm not in position to critique video clips, but I wonder if you would consider adding some shots of people's emotions?

Thank you for the feed back =)

That would be a very good idea as I have kind of worked with some strong emotional footage before I can see how that would work.

https://vimeo.com/81042198

This footage was left overs from what I shot a few months back, and I didn't want it to go to waist because as time moves on I like my old footage less and less as I improve my skills. This was just a good a way of practising my post skills.

You definetly improved your skills. I don't think you could use any shots from the previous video because there is a difference in quality, but it's not a waste, come on, you learned something. So people moving, static, long shots and close-ups, animals, landscape, this is what would make it complete and speak the best to the audience.

Yeah, pretty much been said. Visually impressive, nice timelapses, etc. But nothing really separates it from other visually impressive films with nice timelapses. But that's ok, you said you were just practicing - it's a pretty nice practice project!

Also, I live in Wellington, and am always keen for collaborators if you live here/are ever in town ;)

Thank you for the feed back =)

Ye I do agree next time I will look at adding something more alive so that the audience can relate to what's being shown. But ye, it was just left over footage that I decided to throw together =)

Yeah, pretty much been said. Visually impressive, nice timelapses, etc. But nothing really separates it from other visually impressive films with nice timelapses. But that's ok, you said you were just practicing - it's a pretty nice practice project!

Also, I live in Wellington, and am always keen for collaborators if you live here/are ever in town ;)
Thank you =) Keen to meet up sometime and have a chat!

The first 2 shots don't really fit the visual pallete - 1st one is really mundane and the second one is way too shaky. I would cut it out and start from 00:12. Otherwise well done!

The first 2 shots don't really fit the visual pallete - 1st one is really mundane and the second one is way too shaky. I would cut it out and start from 00:12. Otherwise well done!

Thank you =) Yes I do agree, I think I needed to show a little more informational shots of the surroundings to maybe work those shots in? It's something I'm still working on when I'm out shooting :)

Back