• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Need opinion on this trailer.

May be it was more story oriented based trailer interested in telling story.
unlike, other official trailer which concentrates also on business tactics.

not shown interest on great thrilling scenes in movie, seems to have picked up the necessity scenes according to story telling.

It went long in story telling way even beyond the interval content.

Studio , rather pick up just thrilling moment among after interval content ...rather than story itself.

I liked it.
have seen people more interested in thrilling scenes.
you seem to have been into story content of the movie very much.

Too long.

I saw the length was going to be 2:15. Didn't watch it.

Unless you're Warner Bros with a hoped-for blockbuster film full of hot Hollywood stars, limit it to 1 minute.

Good luck.

But this is a blockbuster film...

It's my personal preference that less is more when it comes to trailers. I feel as too many trailers give too much away, which I feel takes away from the experience while watching the film. One of my favorite trailers ever was the teaser to Gravity. I happened to love the movie, but the trailer was awesome. It captured the feel of the whole movie while keeping everything to a minimum.

Regardless, I thought your edit flowed well and was obviously focused on telling the story instead of focusing on the action. While I respect that, I think there are two main flaws with doing this. Number one, I don't want to be exposed to that much of the story before I have seen the film for the aforementioned reason. Number two, as this is primary an action movie, I think the trailer should appeal to my demographic.

I always try to focus on story, that's why it's 2:15. I understand that a trailer for an action film should have more action in the trailer, so next time I will try to keep it in mind. As for the fact that he said kill instead of killed, the captain started screaming at the word killed, wasn't able to cut it that well. 10x for all the opinions. :)

First of all, I think you did an excellent job.

The first 45 seconds are very strong. Great setup for the story! The only thing I would change would be to have the dialog voice-over more tight. Maybe not such a long pause between "killed" and "I will do everything". I assume you put that pause in there so that you could squeeze in more visuals? Problem is that while those visuals look cool, they're not furthering the story.

I think the structure of this trailer makes a lot of sense. You gave it different sections. From :45 to 1:15, the narration is pretty much perfect, but the footage is a little too all over the place. In this section, I think you could actually benefit by slowing down the visual cuts.

The final third of the trailer is just too much. It makes sense to speed up the edit in this section of the trailer, which you did. But that also means that we should go for brevity. Keep it tight. Like, maybe a third as long (for this section).

I know you want critiques, so that's what I've got for ya. But for real, you did great! :D

Back