• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Rise of The Avalanche - Trailer

Smooth and sympathetic, Sally. Must have hit right with your futuristic vision to get those nominations, baby.

Antoine,
I watched your movie, Rise of the Avalanche, on Amazon prime today. I think the best part of it was your acting.

I watched it with my wife and unless we missed the point, I think the guy was selling his soul to the devil for 5 million dollars. In it's own small way, it reminded me of Angel Heart..

What was with that funky gun? First it looked like a piece of carved wax then, when you were holding it, it looked like you tried to paint it in some computer program. Made it look like a drawing or something..

The CGI backgrounds of the city looked pretty good.

I wish I could say more but that's all that comes to mind right now... I absolutely appreciate the effort it took you to make that movie. Congratulations on finishing it!..

Side note: the closed captions were way too long. Too many words on the screen at a single time. If it was me, I'd break it down a little. Put a sentence or two then after a few seconds replace them with the next few sentences instead of jamming in all on one slide.

Let me know if you have any more to watch!

Thanks everyone for the congratulations! & even taking time to watch the trailer and film. REALLY means a lot to me.

Antoine,
I watched your movie, Rise of the Avalanche, on Amazon prime today. I think the best part of it was your acting.

I watched it with my wife and unless we missed the point, I think the guy was selling his soul to the devil for 5 million dollars. In it's own small way, it reminded me of Angel Heart..

What was with that funky gun? First it looked like a piece of carved wax then, when you were holding it, it looked like you tried to paint it in some computer program. Made it look like a drawing or something..

The CGI backgrounds of the city looked pretty good.

I wish I could say more but that's all that comes to mind right now... I absolutely appreciate the effort it took you to make that movie. Congratulations on finishing it!..

Side note: the closed captions were way too long. Too many words on the screen at a single time. If it was me, I'd break it down a little. Put a sentence or two then after a few seconds replace them with the next few sentences instead of jamming in all on one slide.

Let me know if you have any more to watch!

You TOTALLY got the point of the film. Thanks for the compliment (1st time I've ever acted and probably the last).

Thanks for taking the time to watch and for the feedback on closed captions. It was the 1st time I did something like that so I'll watch for that in the future.

The Gun was an absolute nightmare!! I didn't want to use a real gun as the scene was shot in my home & children were around so I opted for a Water Gun. When I removed all the saturation from the film the gun turned a glowing white...almost blinding (it just didn't fit no matter how hard I tried to make it work). So I had to rotoscope a grey mask over the gun so it would show up black. It was a HUGE lesson I learned and in the sequel, I'll be using BB Guns instead so I won't have to do that again.

Last edited:
Smooth and sympathetic, Sally. Must have hit right with your futuristic vision to get those nominations, baby.

THANKS! I think so. A lot of people were REALLY digging it which has just an AMAZING experience for me. This is the 1st film I've directed and produced on my own so I wasn't sure how it would be received.

Back