• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch First Film Period

Hello there.

I know you did not ask for opinions on this film, but I find constructive critisism the best way to improve.

I will not comment on the actors as I can see they are young and inexperienced, and over all they're not doing half a bad job, but they can at time be somewhat hard to understand. When doing indie film you need to prioritize sound. Nothing is better to emulate a good production than decent sound. I personally record all scenes that has dialogue with a handheld zoom h1 recorder, but cheaper options are availible. Also try to get the lines shot in between traffic, if not you'll hear the changing car sounds in every cut. That can also be improved by adding some ambient music.

Other than that there is a lot of potential. Your camera work is far from the worst I've witnessed on this page and I'm looking forward to watching nyour next project.

This is a vast improvment. It is visually interesting and suspenseful. Most of it plays out much like a music video in the sense that it has little to no story progression throughout most of the movie, but I can easily enjoy that.

I liked the ending, it reminded me somewhat of the ending from City of the Living Dead.

Per #2

The score, editing, and pacing all work to keep your attention and add suspense. Keep at it man.

Back