• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch What Do You Think?

Story & twist/reveal was fairly typical of student filmmaker projects. Not sayin' it's necessarily bad; just that I've seen more variations on this than you could count. :)

The motion shots with the camera could have used some help; even some cheap DIY gear.

But yeah - keep makin' them. Every single project will be a learning experience, and lessons learned can be applied in later films. :cool:

I thought it was well done, although I agree with Zensteve that the camera motion could use better stabilization at points. The editing could be tighter as well - there are several cuts where you could pull a second or two from the next shot and maintain a better flow of the action. For example, he walks towards the camera, you cut to a reverse shot of him walking down the trail, but he's still visibly picking up speed from a still position - so it doesn't look like a continuous motion from the previous shot.

I also think the ending should be cut much shorter. You need to trust the audience to get it - there's no need for the additional close up shots of the wheels, etc. He opens his eyes, we see the handle behind him, his friend says 'we need to go now', and you cut to them turning and heading off down the trail. As it stands now it feels like you're beating the audience over the head with the twist a bit.

Back