Free storyboards!

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to indietalk, as well as having just moved to Atlanta. As an actor, writer, and storyboard artist, I'm pretty much starting from scratch in both places. In order to help establish myself here at indietalk, as well as adding to my resume for future endeavors here in Atlanta, I have decided to donate my services as a concept and storyboard artist to a member of this forum, FOR FREE.

Storyboards are an extremely important pre-visualization tool. They help you communicate your vision with the cast and crew. More importantly, by planning your shots out before you get to the set, they save you time and money on set ups and reshoots.

If you have a short film you're planning on shooting, and you are interested in working with a professional storyboard artist, please read the following rules:

1. Interested film makers must submit to me a copy of the script they plan on shooting, in .doc, .txt, or Final Draft format. Just email it to sevenstudios(at)yahoo. I will be using the scripts to determine which project I'll be working on. Since I'll be donating a fair amount of time to this, I'd prefer to work on the project I personally find the most appealing.

Please note: it's important to me in doing this that whatever project I choose actually gets filmed. Therefore, indietalk members who have completed films online will get priority over someone that's never filmed a project. However, that doesn't mean I won't help someone making their first film, especially if I love the script. Deadline for scripts is 1 week from today, on Sunday, June 5th, at midnight. I'll announce my choice the next day, or Tuesday the 7th at the latest.

2. Total script length should be no more than 20-25 pages, properly formatted. Longer films than that would simply require more work that I'm willing to do for free.

3. I retain all rights and ownership of the artwork. I reserve the right to post the images online as I see fit, including (but not limited to) these forums and my website.

4. The completed film must include appropriate credits for my work, either in the opening or end credits of the film.

5. I grant you the right to use my artwork as you see fit in connection with your film for promotional purposes, in DVD "Special Features" extras, and on your website(s), as long as I'm properly credited with EACH use of the artwork. Other uses may be granted, just ask me, I'm pretty reasonable.

6. Unless you live in Atlanta, once I've read and chosen your script, we'll arrange a phone conference to break the script down and choose which shots will be storyboarded, and what you want them to look like. It's not _as_ effective as a face to face, but it works. I'm familiar with the language of film (I know what a close up, wide shot, 2 shot, etc. look like) so it's pretty easy for you as the director to give me an idea of what you see in your head.

7. Storyboards will be emailed to you as they're completed, for approval. When necessary, I'll redraw boards to better reflect the image you're trying to achieve. Upon completion of my work, physical copies of the artwork will be mailed to you (I retain the originals). If you choose, I will overnight them via FedEx or UPS at your expense.

8. The amount of time I'll need to complete the project is going to vary depending on how much work needs to be done. As soon as possible, I will do my best to give you a realistic expectation of when you'll have the completed materials. I will do my best to work with you to accomodate a shooting schedule, if you already have one set up. Please bear in mind, however, that I'm doing this in my spare time, and depending on the number of boards to be completed, it could take me as long as a couple of weeks or more to complete the artwork.

9. If we meet in person at any point down the road, you should by me a beer or an ice cream cone, preferably a beer.

10. Don't really have a 10, (or a 9 either), but 10 is just a nice, round number that it seemed anticlamactic to end at 8. So I guess 10 is... good luck! I look forward to reading the scripts!

-Jeff

7studios said:
9. If we meet in person at any point down the road, you should by me a beer or an ice cream cone, preferably a beer.

A nice frothy beer cream cone. ;)

That sounds like a sweet deal Jeff, makes me wish I had a script ready for storyboarding.

Anyway, :welcome:

How about a an ice-cream/beer float?
It could work!!

That's an amazing offer you have presented! I share Will Vincent's sentiments... if only my scripts were complete and ready for that stage....

Zensteve - I've heard those are actually good, haven't tried one as yet though. ;)

Poke - Script recieved. Thank you, I look forward to reading it tonight.

Will and Spatula - Any chance you could have a treatment ready in the next week? I don't see why I couldn't use that to make my decision, and then get to work when the script is ready if your story is chosen. I'll be on location in Miami for the second half of August, but otherwise my schedule is somewhat flexible at the moment.

-Jeff

This is a great offer and one I will use! :) I'll be sending you my script tonight. I could have used a storyboard this past Saturday for an action scene but we did fine without one.

Thank you to those of you that have sent scripts. I'm enjoying them and am definitely impressed. It's going to be a tough choice!

Just a reminder, the deadline to submit a script/treatment to me for consideration is Sunday night at midnight, so if anyone's still considering participating, get on it! ;)

I'll announce my decision on monday.

-Jeff

and the winner is....

The Stream, the Cave, Jim, and Dave
by Poke!!​

Congrats, Poke! We'll get together this week to iron out the details.

Thank you to everyone who entered, there's a ton of talent on these boards and I'm looking forward to helping out!

-Jeff

I'm looking for a storyboard artist, please PM me.

Back