Davinci resolve lite can't find files?

I have just exported a few clips from FCP7 to play with in Davinci resolve lite,so I could have my first go at colour grading.

I exported the movie as an XML but when I attempt to open the project in DRL it says it can not find 3 files(the 3 clips in the project). They are originally .mov files and I assume remain as such even when exported as an XML.

I know DRL won't allow me to import .mov files for some reason and I assume this is the problem with the XML project import.

I really need to work this out as it is hindering my progress as a film maker,I have got the footage to this stage and I was looking forwards to being able to finally make the colouring look how I imagined but it is proving troublesome.

Kind regards,

Luke.

When it tells you it can't find the files, its possibly because the clips aren't stored in the same place the XML was stored. When thst box pops up and tells you it can't find the clips, you just have to navigate to where you have them saved, and resolve should take it from there. Just like if you got a media off line message in final cut.

Thanks Jeff.Frustratingly DRL doesn't even allow me to see the individual files via the browser that pops up to find the files.It shows me the correct folder but the files aren't in it. I can only put this down to DRL not recognizing the .MOV files and thus not showing me them as an option in the same way it wouldn't bring up a word file.

Solved it,I hadn't set my media folder right.I can now import the footage to resolve.I am now having some trouble with a pop up saying "your gpu memory is full". I assume thats my RAM?If so I'll just have to close all other applications and try again.

How are you importing everything? If you goto 4:00 of this video, he's importing his XML file (from premiere, but its the same as from FCP). On one of the steps, he's deselecting import source clips, because he's relinking original media, because he used proxies to edit with. Where you want to import source clips. Are you using these steps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0S2MJT9wDY

Back