• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

A neverending well of great music for film

A serious question for those here making films. This an absolutely not an invitation to any website or any other BS. Just consider the following model and let me know if you are interested in such a method for getting basically a never ending well of top music for films.

I have developed a non-profit (except for the musicians) contest based way to draw hundreds of songs in on a monthly basis, and the general community votes on their favorites, and the top 10 get freely put onto itunes/amazon etc.

I have formed a small group on my youtube page, although i would bet that 99% of those asked would be interested in putting one of their top level tracks onto a decent bit of film at no fee, as long as it was something that would give them some actual exposure.

This is as I say not any profit making scheme, just merely a mentioning of additional songs available to you the film maker. All artists own their own songs and no money is to change hands unless you work something out with them, and I have nothing to do with that.

You could either search "original music contest" in google, where we are currently the top result, or just look for mystonic records on youtube. Plenty of good stuff, and we now are running 3 contests a month, so the numbers are growing well.

Last edited:
Back