• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

New Call Sheets Software

There's a new website that just came out called Easy Call Sheets (www.easycallsheets.com) where if you pretty much get unlimited everything and some custom branding (when it comes to sending out emails) and it's only $10 a month with a 14-day trial.

16hWa+

Sounds like spam to me... a new guy from Simi Valley promoting a company from Simi Valley with the same (805) phone number as a different media company from Simi Valley that shares warehouse space with yet ANOTHER media company (808 Studios) from (yep) Simi Valley? Instead of saying "there's a new website..." wouldn't it be smarter to just say "We've just released this new product..."? Call me cynical, but I wonder why the subterfuge.

Sounds like spam to me... a new guy from Simi Valley promoting a company from Simi Valley with the same (805) phone number as a different media company from Simi Valley that shares warehouse space with yet ANOTHER media company (808 Studios) from (yep) Simi Valley? Instead of saying "there's a new website..." wouldn't it be smarter to just say "We've just released this new product..."? Call me cynical, but I wonder why the subterfuge.

He put it in Classified Ads > Promotion, I'd say this was a pretty okay post haha. Kinda feel like you went out of your way to check that information on a promotion user just to say this.

Anyways, about the product.

Call Sheets are a standard. Unions use them to prove your active status and production companies have been using them for years.

You make them in Movie Magic Scheduling. Which is another standard of filmmaking software (primarily with ADs). Granted this software is cheaper, the sheets you'd make with Movie Magic have Excel templates you can get for free... and just have to spend an extra 10 minutes clicking on boxes...

I don't know the practicalness of this product... Why 10$ a month? I feel like even if I did want to use a non-standard call sheet (no idea why I'd do that) and used your site, I'd just pay for one month and then cancel my subscription.

Why not package it into a program and sell it for 25$? Then you'd be able to make an actual stance against Movie Magic which is hundreds (Not sure the price, it came free with my school package... 900$ I think?).

Hey Guys,

We are based in Simi and we run a commercial production company. So, making this came more out of necessity. Then, once we started using it, we thought we would share it with other filmmakers. Since all our workflow is mainly online now-a-days, we looked into other services that allow us to send out call sheets online. The only service we found was called “Studio Binder” but their plans were really expensive. So, we decided to work on making our own. Then, once we started using it ourselves for our productions, we wanted to make it available for other people at one, small price.

Thanks!

Back