• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Inquietus: A short Film

That's some creepy $#@!, dude. But the good kinda creepy. Really blown away.
I assume there's a bit of H. R. Gieger in here, along with a bit of the Matrix. And it feels like the concept is meant to be like the reproduction of tissue cells represented on a large scale by full-sized humanoid creatures. Very inspired idea.

The way that you've represented everything is quite the disturbing and stunning image. And I think your animatic is beautifully crafted.

Personally speaking though--and you don't have to take this advice if you don't want to, I totally understand--I really think this concept would be so much stronger if it was a further extension of your animatics. That is to say, I think it should remain 2D.

The reason why I think that is because the darkness, the strangeness, and the macabre of this concept might play better with an audience if it was relayed to them in dark dusty charcoal or graphite medium rather than with computer graphics. But in 3D, this project would need to be highly detailed and have a lot of surface texture, sub-surface shading, realistic skin and bone structures, a visible viscous fluid over every character and creature here (at least I assume so), in order to make the darkness and eerie nature of the concept still read the same way.

Simply put, 3D graphics need a lot more polish and detail work done to them before they can read well on screen without looking retro or old-fashioned, even if they are approached in a stylistic way rather than realistic. But anything 2D has a lot more leeway, and can represent almost anything you want and it will read the way it should, no matter how skilled the artwork necessarily is. Your artwork is awesome, by the way. The real challenge mainly comes in with the movement of the characters, the camera work, and the composition of everything. And you seemed to handle that pretty well already in your animatic. So it'd be great to see that animatic, in much the same style, expanded and built upon into a fully realized short. That's just my two cents.

I wish you the best of luck either way. I'll be very excited to see the finished piece. =)

Last edited:
Back