• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Happy Birthday Jack - The Movie

It is here the movie Happy Birthday Jack!

[WM]http://myfilmfest.com/jack/test5.wmv[/WM]

No music in beginning due to the process of aquiring rights

Last edited:
Eddie -- that was pretty good! I liked the dual screen in the beginning, especially the arial shot of the car. Maria's entrance is one of the best I've seen in a while! Sexy and funny at the same time (and the music was matched perfectly to the scene). Good fun -- congrats!

Eddie -- that was pretty good! I liked the dual screen in the beginning, especially the arial shot of the car. Maria's entrance is one of the best I've seen in a while! Sexy and funny at the same time (and the music was matched perfectly to the scene). Good fun -- congrats!

Thanks for the kind words. It was a last second decision to put this up here right now. I am getting ready to put this in the contest for "On The Lot". I left out a few things like the music in the beginning and a few credits I need to add like one for Knightly. He really helped me out with the rewrites on the script.

Anything that is good on this movie can be attributed to all that is good here at indietalk. :cool:

After I am finished with this version I am going to get the longer version out. It should only be a few minutes longer, which will help with some questions I am getting.

Thanks again for your nice words.

Eddie

After I am finished with this version I am going to get the longer version out. It should only be a few minutes longer, which will help with some questions I am getting.
Eddie

Just to offer my opinion -- one of the things I liked about it was the fact that it was brief and to the point. Adding an extra two minutes may slow down the pacing and delivery of the joke. It may be worth leaving a few questions unanswered in order to keep the delivery tight.

I thought about that and really am considering leaving it alone. I want to enter this into a few film fests (besides the on the lot contest) and if I can enter a 5 min movie then hey why not leave it alone.

May your years be long and happy, and may all your blessings turn into mechablessings that destroy a large Japanese city, Jack.

Wait, this isn't a real birthday? What a clever ruse!

The photo of the brother was great! And maybe it's just cause I know a guy named Jose that I loathe, but the ending just didn't get me the way it should have (I kinda saw it coming as soon as Jose showed up).

Poke

Thank you both for your comments.

I figure that Jose was pretty predictible. I make no excuses for it, I almost wanted something contrived.

Also, I just wanted to state for the record that the title of the thread should be "Happy Birthday Jack" - The Movie but it didn't take the title change when I did it. So it's not a clever ruse; more of a fortunate mistake.

That was great. It snowballed nicely, uping the ante each scene. I wasn't caught at first (perhaps the lack of sound makes it seem slow, but you're workin on that). As the plot kept thickening, I was laughing out loud to the end. I like it because it has kind of a schticky feel, without being too obvious. There's little moments of humor that live right under the surface. Great job with that.
Jose was predictable, yes, but it looks like the "presumed dead" brother was the real twist. And Jose ties the title in during the credits. Very good.

I think another "shocking twist" would have been to have the girls make out together.

Back