• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Screenwriter Agent Looking for New Talent

About Me

• I have over 30 years of experience in the media industry. I own a traditional publishing house, I am a sought-after editor, & I tend to work with highly visible clients who are expert in their respective fields.
  • I work under contract, physically signed & notarized by client; original stays with my agency, copy to client.
  • I currently have room at the table for 10 talented screenplay writers, experienced or new.
Agent Rates & Services:

• $400 to represent, non-refundable, 3-month contract [There is no guarantee of securing screenplay placement with a media firm.]
  • $35/hour to edit & format copy/content/material [Editing & formatting strongly recommended.]
  • $100/week office fees [This covers all AV communications, shipping/handling of materials, photocopies, faxing, et cetera.]
  • $150 1-100 pages properly formatted script reading with critique (3-5 paragraphs)
  • $300 101-200 pages properly formatted script reading with critique (3-5 paragraphs)

All services paid in advance & non-refundable.

Representation guarantees screenwriters the best opportunity to get their work in front of the highest ranking decision makers available in the industry through a polished, pleasant, professional agent; representation does not guarantee placement of screenplays within the media production industry.

If you feel that we might work together, do drop me a line here, & we'll see if it's a good fit for both of us.

Serious inquiries only, please & thank you. All spam, adverts, & frivolous inquiries will be handled by our parent company according to the full extent of the guidelines of this site & the legal code governing such communication methods & mechanisms. Thank you for your active respect of this request.

If you have a terrific screenplay, let's talk soon!

Warm regards...Charmed Life

Last edited:
About Me

• I have over 30 years of experience in the media industry. I own a traditional publishing house, I am a sought-after editor, & I tend to work with highly visible clients who are expert in their respective fields.
  • I work under contract, physically signed & notarized by client; original stays with my agency, copy to client.
  • I currently have room at the table for 10 talented screenplay writers, experienced or new.
Agent Rates & Services:

• $400 to represent, non-refundable, 3-month contract [There is no guarantee of securing screenplay placement with a media firm.]
  • $35/hour to edit & format copy/content/material [Editing & formatting strongly recommended.]
  • $100/week office fees [This covers all AV communications, shipping/handling of materials, photocopies, faxing, et cetera.]
  • $150 1-100 pages properly formatted script reading with critique (3-5 paragraphs)
  • $300 101-200 pages properly formatted script reading with critique (3-5 paragraphs)

All services paid in advance & non-refundable.

Representation guarantees screenwriters the best opportunity to get their work in front of the highest ranking decision makers available in the industry through a polished, pleasant, professional agent; representation does not guarantee placement of screenplays within the media production industry.

If you feel that we might work together, do drop me a line here, & we'll see if it's a good fit for both of us.

Serious inquiries only, please & thank you. All spam, adverts, & frivolous inquiries will be handled by our parent company according to the full extent of the guidelines of this site & the legal code governing such communication methods & mechanisms. Thank you for your active respect of this request.

If you have a terrific screenplay, let's talk soon!

Warm regards...Charmed Life

So you have room for $4,000 in non-refundable fees. And you
charge $100 per week in office fees. For the 3-month contract
that’s another $1,200 per writer - 12 grand. If you can get that
- 10 writers every three months - that’s a total $64,000 per
year in fees from your talent.

Your editing and critique fees are quite reasonable. Do you charge
that to each writer you represent in addtion to the other fees?

I would like to know what your parent company is and what the
name of your publishing house is. I have several questions I would
like to ask.

Respectfully... directorik

Dear Mr. Screenwriter Agent,

Do you also have books for sale that your clients must buy in order to learn what they need to know to break into the business?

And, if so how much do those books cost?

Do you have a web site listing your prestigious clients and productions that bought and used their scripts?

What's the easiest way for me to give you my money? Would you like my bank account details?

Wow, thats funny. I have an agent who charges absolutely nothing up front---just a percentage of the fee she negotiates for me. And she pays her office expenses and overhead from her cut. And she has gotten me two rewrite gigs. And she sends monthly reports about the status of the two scripts of mine that she is pushing---who/what/where they've been offered to.

Another funny thing is she doesnt have open cattle calls for writers who havent made a sale yet.

It's too bad that people with dreams fall for this stuff.

And paying someone to critique your script is the most pathetic thing you can do. It shows you have no confidence, and these people pick up on that and give you a reassuring fluff so that your ego gets massaged and you come bsck again.

The only time I would pay someone to read a script is not for creative critique but to budget it out. It's worth paying a reasonable fee to have someone knowledgable at expenses to give you a breakdown based on cast size, shooting schedule, set construction, location shooting, fees for permits, gear rental, transportation costs, etc and etc. Saves a lot of research time that can be used for better purpose.

And paying someone to critique your script is the most pathetic thing you can do. It shows you have no confidence, and these people pick up on that and give you a reassuring fluff so that your ego gets massaged and you come bsck again.

While I'm not defending this guy (I don't know him from random joe in the street), I don't think I agree with your assessment regarding paying someone to critique being pathetic. A critique from the correct professional could very well be worth it to help turn a good piece of work into a masterpiece. I think you just have to do it with the right person. If your only reason to get a script critique is to get your ego massaged, then yeah sure, it's a stupid waste of money. I rarely consider hiring a yes man to be a good decision.

Victor, you are coming at this from the perspective of a writer/producer.
Hiring someone to do a budget breakdown is not even remotely close to
paying for coverage. Two very different things with very different outcomes.

Paying for a professional critique does not suggest a writer has no confidence.
Of course there are many people out there who do a poor job or prey on
new writers, but there are also many professionals who can very much
help a writer by offering coverage. Most pros who offer this service do not
massage the ego of a writer; quite the opposite, they usually point out all
the flaws. Many writers then dismiss the coverage because of that.

I understand what you guys are saying. My post was too general---every writer needs feedback, and not many have associates or partners they can get a gratis evaluation from. Which is why so many new screenwriters, when meeting a person with any kind of filmmaking experience (actors, producers, directors) are quick to ask "Can you look at something I've written and give me your take on it?" Not realizing that these people get that constantly and if they read every script they were asked to read they would have no time for anything else.

So I definately understand the principle of paid evaluations. It's just that the reality is sometimes an asshole with questionable legitmacy taking newbies for a ride, like those screenwriting workshops taught by "gurus" who have few credits or even sales, or the endless parade of "How To Make Your Indie Film" books written by filmmakers who cant get anything going and need to pay the bills. But I will be the first to admit that I am no expert on the film industry, because my first sale was just 4 years ago, and its still a second part-time job for me.

Last edited:
Back