• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Screenwriter Justin Samuels on "Smartness"

So how did your lawsuit go?

Did it help your career? Do you feel it hurt you any? Are you glad you sued?

I'm glad I sued. What effect did it have on my career? Well, when Occupy Wall Street came out, I was relieved to see other people willing to criticize big companies. I was curious about it and ended up writing quite a bit about it. Occupy didn't end it, obviously (it became a complete disaster) but there were some good people there. So since them I've written freelance articles, most recently for yahoo, and for my blog.

I'm glad I took a stance, yes.

As for how my lawsuit went, I lost in federal court last year. But that wasn't the end of it . You see, NYC and NY State have rules concerning businesses stating that any business practice that has disparate impact on certain groups of people is illegal, and that the only way a business can do that is to prove that there is no other way to do businesses. The agencies in question have New York offices, so the New York Courts claimed jurisdiction. That litigation is still pending, so my lawsuit in a nutshell is still ongoing.

Back