Zombie Ultra-Low Budget Short - Advice?

Hello,

I'm working on a video short (2-3 minutes) to create a kickstarter campaign. It's a zombie apocalypse setting being shot in London this Autumn. I'm trying to figure out my budget and I'd love any support or constructive advice anyone can share in furthering my readiness.

My hoped budget is 500 pounds, but I can extend to 1000 at a stretch. I trying to secure volunteers so my primary focus is not on salaries but their expenses and other needs. I believe a 1 day shoot is also satisfactory for what I need. It's a single scene, a family running from a mob of zombies outdoors. I'm planning to use an abandoned location so I don't think permits will be an issue.

Thanks,

Wolf

I would be shure to get release forms . We have shot a few zombie shorts, we had an extremely low budget , we were lucky enough to have a cast of volunteers .The only thing that cost us was blood make up ,and appliences. I think everything all together was les than 50.00 . good luck , I know we had a blast filming ours.

thanks sikandtwisted, that's a great piece of advice and one I was definitely planning on. It's great to hear other zombie budgets too, do you have a link to it?

Been speaking with our sfx makeup artist and for 10 zombies, 7 basic makeup, 3 focus details and the main zombie child we're at about 200 pounds for our expenses. Really happy with that (the figure includes 25% extra).

Back