• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

18 gig movie

Ok so i just finished a 90 min dvd that has taken me now over 2 months in editing time, rush job and at the tale end my project has become alot larger than i'm used to working with and i'm having issues finding the best method for burning to DVD, and or the best form of compression without of course losing to much quality. My movie is now 18 gigs and i need to compress or use the right codec to get my DVD down around 4.5 gigs so i can burn my film to DVD. My thoughts right now are to publish my movie as a uncompressed avi file, then use something like convertx to dvd to burn and compress it, or maybe i'll have to compress it down first. Any suggestions, all i want is my 90 mins on a Dvd any help is greatly appreciated.

Adobe media encoder can do this. I'm certain it maintains frame rates, aspect ratios, etc. So I think there is no loss of quality.

There is a loss in quality, as there ALWAYS will be with compression. But will you have a movie in a very good quality on a 4.5 gig disc? YES.

Experiment with 2 pass Variable Bit Rates to MPEG2 for DVD settings.

Back