• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Used Canon XH A1 1.67MP 3CCD High-Definition Camcorder with 20x Optical Zoom For 1100

This is a camera that carries a $4300 dollar price tag when bought brand new but you can get it here used in nearly mint condition for $1100 Bucks!!!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H7GSG6/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B000H7GSG6&link_code=as3&tag=bestsitesto07-20

Please note: Condition is near mint, basically like new with one exception. There is a 1/2" long piece of plastic missing from the upper handle where the external microphone connects to the camera. The handle is still fine and there's no issue of any further damage. You can email the seller if you want to see pictures and they promise you won't care. It's a very small piece.

Product Details

*Captures true 1080 resolution, widescreen (16:9) HD video
*2.8-inch widescreen LCD monitor; .57-inch viewfinder
*20x HD zoom lens; Super-range optical image stabilization
*Three 1/3-inch 16:9 CCDs (1.67 megapixels)
*DIGIC DV II HD image processor
*2.8-inch widescreen LCD monitor , 0.57-inch viewfinder
*20x HD zoom lens , Super-range optical image stabilization

Last edited:
**This review is from: Canon XH A1 1.67MP 3CCD High-Definition Camcorder with 20x Optical Zoom (Electronics)**

I looked at this camera the Panasonic hvx200, the sonys, the jvc 200, and even Canon's bigger brother the X1. I found this one to have fantastic reviews on DVinfo.net, a great video forum. My concerns about 24f vs 24p were addressed to my satisfaction- there really isn't a difference. I like tape vs the HVX's expensive storage solutions. One concern I had was, will it look like a pro camera? That is important in some situations where your equipment gives you added credibilty with clients and talent.

As soon as I opened the box I was in love! This is a really substantial camera. Especially with the opt wide angle from Canon and the matte box provided, this does not look like your mama's camcorder.

I really like the manual controls, so that you don't have to go thru menus to change parameters. The layout of everything is great. I really like the dual on/off and zoom controls- top of handle plus rear right side. Holding the handle for low or medium height shots is very, very comfortable and the controls are perfectly positioned.

Only down side- and it is incidental. The matte box is a bit flimsy- lightweight plastic. That helps with weight, but I worry about breaking it. Some may say that HDV codec is not as good as DVCpro, but my eye does not see it. The colors are magnificent and it blows away many other cams in low-light.

If you are looking for point and shoot, this is not your baby, but if you want a pro quality camera for a really great price- this is it!

See More Reviews at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H7GSG6/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=B000H7GSG6&link_code=as3&tag=bestsitesto07-20

Back