• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Trailer for my first feature film

I don't know if the film is good or not, but the trailer didn't get me excited for the film. It seemed like a humorless montage of actors speaking uninteresting dialogue about relationships. The cinematography and acting looks good though. I hope the film turns out well, and it is just the trailer that bothers me. Good luck!

I don't know if the film is good or not, but the trailer didn't get me excited for the film. It seemed like a humorless montage of actors speaking uninteresting dialogue about relationships. The cinematography and acting looks good though. I hope the film turns out well, and it is just the trailer that bothers me. Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback, it's actually really valuable. It's funny, because your line of "a humorless montage of actors speaking uninteresting dialogue about relationship" sounds like some critics review I'm sure to receive in the future. It's certainly a character piece, and dialogue heavy, but I'm certain we can go back and cut a trailer that makes the film look much more compelling.

The first trailer was definitely more so an attempt to say, "hey, here's a small indie film with unknown actors talking about relationships, if you're into that type of flick, check it out" Which is really more or less a niche market. I think showing a little more plot or drama in the next trailer will help make it more interesting for people beyond that group.

Thanks

Back