• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

THE NEST - An Existential Film

http://igg.me/at/thenestfilm/x/6911461 <---- Click Here :)

The Nest is a feature film written by aspiring filmmakers Baitul Javid and Fiza Javid.

This is a story based on real life events, and we believe this is a story that deserves to be seen by the world.

The Nest will allow the audience to look into several ideas:

1. It poses an existential question that any young individual growing up in a melting pot country like The United States of America asks himself/herself: Who am I? What is my true identity? What are my true deep rooted beliefs?

2. It's a story about religion. Living in a country like America, an individuals beliefs are constantly challenged. This is a country of many belief systems, so it can be hard to find yourself in a place of so many viewpoints. Young individuals in this country face these challenges the most. Growing up with traditional Shia-Muslim parents myself, we spent most of our young life only understanding the Islamic religion. It wasn't until we individually began school and started interacting with students from around the world that our family's views started getting challenged. When we began high school, the challenges only grew bigger. we started getting into relationships, sneaking out, and exploring the world around us.

In this case, we will follow young Alma, a young Shia-Muslim girl through her relationship with Evan, a liberal Pagan-occultist. As she begins to rebel against the strict and modest background of her own family, she will begin her secret life getting involved with the hyper-sexual, drugged up, and mostly ritualistic life of Evan and his family. Ultimately putting her through an emotional journey to find out what she really believes in.

Back