Hello. Interested in doing this myself.

Hello. Composer/Producer in need of work.

Hello. This is my first post on this board, and since my primary thing is composing, I figured I should introduce myself in the most appropriate forum.

I have been a freelance musician/composer living in North San Diego county for the better part of a decade. Initially I got into music to record and produce other bands, and sometime during the past decade, i have, more or less, transformed myself into a composer rather than a recorder.

I would be really interested, though, in composing some music for a film sometime. A few short years ago, I was picked up to do all the scoring for a low budget indie film but the project was scrapped due to funds, unfortunately, as so many films are.

If any projects should happen to arrive sometime, please feel free to email me sometimes at
Soundengine@cox.net

I would really enjoy doing it for the experience, and not just monetary reasons. I have a more extensive resume, but ill be honest, I dont see much of it having to do with scoring a film; but rather CD releases, and producers credits.

My primary focus when composing films is in mixing semi-electronic elements clashed with symphony sounds, and occasionally guitar work. A few of my favorite and most inspirational scores/soundtracks are: Fantasia, Saw, Batman, and Love Liza.

Once again, I would appreciate any opportunity, small or big, anyone might have for me.
Thank you for your time, and I look forward to being part of this community!
=-Ben

Last edited:
Welcome to the board!

Do you have demo music online? That would help most of the filmmakers out I think. =)

Yes. A demo bit would be cool. I'm hoping to pull off a feature this summer, and would be interested in a composer.

Like your other example, my ability to complete the feature is an unknown, as it will be my first. But welcome in any case, and post some music so we can listen to it.

Welcome to the site! I'm sure you will find people here to work with...

Please let us know if/when you get a site with demo downloads. Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome, it IS appreciated very much.

Well, I put up two of the tracks I worked on for the scrapped movie, after relistening to them, I feel I should say:

1: Please remember these were not completed titles(as they didnt get a thorough mix, and definetly not mastered yet.
2: The tone of the project was mostly dreary, and it was set in the future, as a Sci-Fi movie. As a result, the original project team wanted a Lo-Fi sound, and electronic feel to it. These tracks were made to be in the backround to add to the scene, and help drive it along, while remaining mostly neutral in emotional feel.

This first track was originally going to be during the opener. But later, it was decided it would fit better at a more appropriate time in the film.
Fallen Comrades

This second track was during one of those somber scenes in the film. This was going to carry the ongoing theme in the film, which is found in the second half of this track.
Down_Intro

Hope you enjoy!
=-Ben

We should keep them posted here. I've had you added to the ROUND TABLES crew list as musical composer already. :)

Talk to you soon, Ben!

-Mr. J

Back