• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Looking for screenwriter to collaborate...

Perhaps someone here could kindly assist me...

Some background: I am currently beginning work on an independent feature film project loosely titled "Voices". I have a mostly complete storyline and I’m looking for some assistance. At this stage (which, admittedly, is the project's infancy), I am looking for a screenwriter to collaborate with for the production of the script. To date I have confirmed support for the film in the following areas: financing, legal, accounting, and score writing. I also have a working mentor who is an experienced Assistant Director in the industry with several major (world wide release) film credits on his resume.

Once work is completed on the script and the majority of the pre-production is finished, I will begin looking for help from an experienced cinematographer, sound engineer, etc. for work on the film's production. Shooting location is TBD. I will be directing and editing the film. I am still working out the (many) details of the project, including budget ($100k target), medium (film, DV, HDV), intended marketing and distribution (I am currently targeting multiple indie film festivals), and schedule. For various reasons, I would like to get started as soon as possible.

So my question is this; can anyone suggest the best way to find someone who is interested in working on the script for this project? I'm no slouch at writing and believe that I'm reasonably intelligent (of course) but I have no experience in screenwriting. Are most screenwriters focused on their own scripts as opposed to ideas brought to them by others?

I would like to hear from talented screenwriters who are interested in "getting in on the ground floor" and being a part of an organized, talented and motivated creative team. Any help or advice that members here can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Scott Erwin
SCErwin@comcast.net

I might be able to help

My name is Chris LaFountain, I am an indie film maker. I have writen five scripts and produced one of them. At the current time I am in "Writing Mode" I am working on another original script and making changes to the others. I would like to help out, let me know, thanks

i am not sure if u are as new to the film makeing process as i am but right now i am in the process of shooting a film but if u need help in writeing i am willing to do that

i'm obviously biased here, but as a script critic/editor, i think one of the best things that you can do is write it by yourself - get everything down that you want in there, and then hire an editor to look it over and point out weak bits in the overall screenplay

hope this helps

Back