A Few WithoutABox Questions

Hello everyone! I wasn't sure if this was the correct section to post about this, but I had a few questions I was wondering if you guys might be able to help me with? I just finished my first movie, a short film called, The EFIList, and while the film was finally completed just a day or so ago, several working edits of the movie have been available online for a long time now, one of those edits had two public screening last year (And won an award while there.) and about 2 minuets of a few random scenes from an early edit were featured on a television show last November... So as I'm filling out my project details for the movie on WithoutABox, I'm really confused as to what exactly I should put for the 'Public Showings and Awards' section... Because yes, it has had two screenings and some TV time, but all that happened long before the films completion... I just want to be as honest as possible, so do I include information about those screening? Or should I not include them because they were not in fact screenings of the completed project? If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! Thanks so much!!
All the best,
Amanda

If it was accepted into a film festival, and won an award, you should include that info, as it's likely to help it get accepted. I don't think snippets on TV count as a public screening. Best of luck!

I'm really confused as to what exactly I should put for the 'Public Showings and Awards' section...
You put in the two public screening from last year. And you put in the
award your movie won.

Some festivals do not want a movie that has been on online – even in
an uncompleted cut. Some festivals want a “premiere”; meaning they
don't want a movie that has been screened before - even if it was not
the completed project. Offering that information will narrow down the
festivals that are more likely to screen your movie. No need to submit
to a festival whose rules exclude your movie.

Back