"The Hot Rod" Accepted!

My short "The Hot Rod" has been accepted to its first festival!

Oregon Independent Film Festival
Showing in both Eugene and Portland Oregon.
No details yet.

18orLaurels2013BESTorSHORT.jpg

5:30 PM - Sat, Sept 21st 2013
The Hot Rod
U.S.A.
Official Selection

A slice of life comedic tale about a woman who wakes up to find
her husband has run off with the family car and left her with no
choice but to drive his macho muscle car. Set in a small
community where everyone is in everyone business, the vibrant
characters quickly whip up the woman's natural suspicion to
outright paranoia in this lovely short film.

Clinton Street Theater
2522 SE Clinton Street
Portland, OR 97202
$12.00

ARGHH!!!
it was a horrible experience! The grade looked AWFUL, my carefully balanced highlights were completely blown! My painstaking 3.0 sound mix was week on the center channel! I sweated like a fat man in Arizona at a high noon shoot out for the entire presentation.

for some reason, a few people laughed, some clapped, so go figure. I stayed for the awards presentation and got my plaque and made a lame little speech. I was too embarrassed to stay and network. So I spent the rest of the night at Applebees scarfing on 1/2 priced appetizers!

My awesome wife had me feeling better by the time I started working on the spinach dip!

Last edited:
Well, at least it projected. I saw a grown man cry at AOFF a few weeks back, when his BluRay wouldn't load at all. He discovered the compatability issue an hour before screening. Oops. :)

'Grats on your festival win! It's a great-lookin' film. :cool:

You probably over-analyzed the screening and it was fine, as in, watchable technically and they got the story... they could see it, they could hear it... all good.

Congrats!

Hey, they don't give awards away for nothin! You earned it!

Film fest theaters can be quirky. You were there to witness the speaker-farting at my screening, with dialog jumping from speaker-to-speaker, mid-sentence. Obviously, there was something wrong with my mix, but it's worth noting that Columbia was the only fest at which anything like this happened.

Laughter and applause are good. Sounds to me like the audience liked it. :)

Back