Zoom H1

Hello all,

I have the Zoom H1, great recorder, tho the plastic screwholder is a real pain in the ass.

I have my GX80 in a SmallRig cage, on which i have the Zoom H1 added via a screw in the cage, but every time the battery of the Zoom H1 needs replacement, i need to unscrew the Zoom H1, and due to the plastic screwholder of the Zoom, the Zoom H1 doesn't have the highest life expectation im afraid.

Anyone has tried to replace the plastic screwholder on the back of the Zoom H1 to a metal one? I can't believe it's really plastic, what a pity for such a fine recorder.

I've never used the screwholder. My external mic has an extension cord so long I just run that somewhere where I can just place the H1 on anything out of the way

Consider ditching the internal AA battery altogether and using USB power. A compact, lipstick-sized USB battery that puts out 5V will do the trick, to keep from adding too much bulk/weight to your camera rig. In fact, they're so inexpensive that you might pick up two so that you have a backup. The smaller batteries don't have as much power storage, so I have no idea how long you'd be able to run on one. Several hours, at least, but not necessarily a full day without a second battery.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1062792-REG/xuma_bub_a26b_2600mah_portable_battery_pack.html

Back