• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Help! We have 24 hours to raise funds for our first feature Nightcrawlers (2017)

Hello!

I'll move quickly because there isn't much time. 5 years ago, filmmaker Stephen McCoy set out to make a documentary about the nocturnal inhabitance of Boston, homeless people, addicts, and street performers; the "Nightcrawlers", he called them. However, by the time he finished filming, he had transformed into a homeless addict, the power of the film taking over and bleeding into his life.

My production company found his trailer from years ago and tracked him down to a homeless shelter in downtown Boston. With money we couldn't afford, but because we believed in his vision (and 80 hours of footage of his journey), we flew him to LA and our art collective worked closely with him to finish his film Nightcrawlers once and for all.

We were shocked by how compelling and poignant his footage was, and his notebooks and notebooks of poetry and manifestos from his time on the streets.

Stephen's story is a true underdog story of an artist who's curiosity of the beauty and ugliness of the world almost swallowed him whole.

We have great prizes. Anything you can afford. For anyone who can help us achieve our modest budget to finish the film on this forum, shall you be invited to the screening at the underground theatre upon completion.

My fate is in your hands now. Shall you never be forgotten as allies in filmmaking. WE have a screening with a director who just sold a documentary to NEtflix (Winter on Fire) to watch a cut in 2 weeks.

Either way, I love you all, as fellow filmmakers in an intense and impossible field where dreams are made or broken.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1000573966/nightcrawlers

Back