Complete noob, looking for HD camcorder, more pro level

As the title says and probably like most on here, I'd like to capture video at a much higher quality. I attended an audio school but before that I taught myself Pro Tools, Photoshop and Dreamweaver. Starting with Davinci Resolve Lite I am going to teach myself color correction and move on to editing from their in either premiere elements or final cut pro x... you might say why not stay with davinci right now i am clueless of it's full features so thats why lol i did read the feature comparison guide and it does seem to be a great color correction tool either way and the free version is impressive. I also like that it's linux compatible so if i can learn resolve and only resolve i may build a linux system, either way that stuff don't matter yet.

What the camera will be for... well it needs to really be an attractive work horse. I have considered the 4k blackmagic camera because my wife has a canon camera and canon ef lenses already, several lenses and really her collection can be used on it as well as anything i invest in as far as lenses go. I do like that. Do i need 4k? absolutely not so I have considered the older version which still seems fairly great and the ssd support is cool in my opinion for the price.

So high quality is a must but it doesn't need to be a$12k camera, thats way above my budget. Realistically $4k is probably my budget.

I will be using it for wrestling events, capturing video of in ring performance, filming professional promos and using that footage to really practice editing. I'm doing this all for free for the promotion to learn the skills of the trade. I also have some simple short film ideas that I will execute that will involve filming in the mountains, and all over the world as well. I would like a camera that can be held and has excellent image stabilization when necessary.

But also a work horse and i'm willing to consider a $4k camera so that I can rent it out as well. I don't live in LA or any real populated entertainment driven areas so any camera would probably be better than what most people could get a hold of. anyways suggest cameras, not so much software as my current choices are for learning and I have no problem jumping ship later on and learning another program if i need to. It's really about understanding more the science to color correction and what kind of vibes i can create, kinda like how when I make music different instruments set a different mood. thanks for any responses.

Back