Home Your Ad Here

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > IndieTalk > Welcome!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2017, 03:10 PM   #1
WesternStageProps
Basic Member
 
WesternStageProps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 21
Hello from Western Stage Props

Hello,

We are Western Stage Props, a company that sells... you guessed it... western stage props. Trick ropes, whips, trick saddles, props such as mining pans, iron strong boxes, pick axes, ect. However, we also carry non western props such as replica guns, foam bricks, throwing knives, crime scene tape, evidence bags, ect.

We are located in Las Vegas but ship world wide. We originally started out as a company in the 1980s providing western performers with the products they needed for live shows. However over the years film makers (both independent and major) have purchase from us for all their small prop needs.

Take a look at our website at http://www.WesternStageProps.com. If you are in Las Vegas, feel free to drop by our showroom at 3935 West Reno Ave Suite E, Las Vegas, NV 89118

Thank you.

~Western Stage Props
WesternStageProps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member
 
Posts: 17

 
Old 07-31-2017, 04:27 PM   #2
indietalk
IndieTalk Founder
 
indietalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,854
indietalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:19 AM   #3
WesternStageProps
Basic Member
 
WesternStageProps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 21
Thanks for the welcome! We look forward to chatting with everyone.
WesternStageProps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:54 PM   #4
Lucky Hardwood
Basic - Premiere Expired
 
Lucky Hardwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,664
Hi.
Lucky Hardwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:46 PM   #5
WesternStageProps
Basic Member
 
WesternStageProps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Hardwood View Post
Hi.
Hi! Thanks for the welcome.
WesternStageProps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:00 PM   #6
sfoster
IndieTalk Moderator
 
sfoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,975
You have some nice looking knives.
http://www.westernstageprops.com/rub...fe-p/pfstk.htm

"Made from the mold of an actual Combat Knife. this looks exactly like the real thing!"

Awesome but what mold was it made from???
It would be great if you could link me to the real knife so I can use actual metal in the close-up shots and then the rubber prop knife for the fight choreography.

That makes your knives a lot more attractive to me if I can easily get a metal doppelganger!
I have an arsenal of fake knives from the last chase scene I shot.


Edit: Atop this page on the right are 4 buttons. [Thread Tools] [Search This Thread] [Rate this Thread] [Display Modes]
If you go to Thread Tools you can subscribe to a thread and receive notifications anytime there is a new post.

Last edited by sfoster; 08-10-2017 at 03:14 PM.
sfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:08 PM   #7
WesternStageProps
Basic Member
 
WesternStageProps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoster View Post
You have some nice looking knives.
http://www.westernstageprops.com/rub...fe-p/pfstk.htm

"Made from the mold of an actual Combat Knife. this looks exactly like the real thing!"

Awesome but what mold was it made from???
It would be great if you could link me to the real knife so I can use actual metal in the close-up shots and then the rubber prop knife for the fight choreography.

That makes your knives a lot more attractive to me if I can easily get a metal doppelganger!
I have an arsenal of fake knives from the last chase scene I shot.


Edit: Atop this page on the right are 4 buttons. [Thread Tools] [Search This Thread] [Rate this Thread] [Display Modes]
If you go to Thread Tools you can subscribe to a thread and receive notifications anytime there is a new post.
Thanks for the tip on getting notifications! I will do that now.

As far as the molds themselves, I am not exactly sure myself, but when my manager gets back in from CombatCon, I'll ask him. It won't be until next week though. I'm going to be missing him in the office all weekend. He took all the knives with him.

Forgive me, I'm still getting used to this site and it's format, I'd love to know more about what you're shooting! I didn't see a link in your profile.
WesternStageProps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:19 AM   #8
WesternStageProps
Basic Member
 
WesternStageProps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoster View Post
You have some nice looking knives.
http://www.westernstageprops.com/rub...fe-p/pfstk.htm

"Made from the mold of an actual Combat Knife. this looks exactly like the real thing!"

Awesome but what mold was it made from???
It would be great if you could link me to the real knife so I can use actual metal in the close-up shots and then the rubber prop knife for the fight choreography.

That makes your knives a lot more attractive to me if I can easily get a metal doppelganger!
I have an arsenal of fake knives from the last chase scene I shot.


Edit: Atop this page on the right are 4 buttons. [Thread Tools] [Search This Thread] [Rate this Thread] [Display Modes]
If you go to Thread Tools you can subscribe to a thread and receive notifications anytime there is a new post.
Hi again. My apologizes for taking longer than expected to get back to you. Our dagger style knife is a replica of the Applegate-Fairbairn knife. Not sure why that picture on the website has those two indentations... I am holding the knife right now and there is no grooves. Looks like a normal blade, but thicker and rubbery. Hope this helps. Thanks again.
WesternStageProps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:10 PM   #9
sfoster
IndieTalk Moderator
 
sfoster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternStageProps View Post
Hi again. My apologizes for taking longer than expected to get back to you. Our dagger style knife is a replica of the Applegate-Fairbairn knife. Not sure why that picture on the website has those two indentations... I am holding the knife right now and there is no grooves. Looks like a normal blade, but thicker and rubbery. Hope this helps. Thanks again.
Damn that must be a really nice knife!!!! Almost $200
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/BO1...delrin-handles

It's worth it to have a safe identical replica.

The film I'm making is a superhero action comedy. There is a magical pair of womens underwear that give you powers like flight, combat, protection from bullets and explosions, plus the outfit with a skirt, cape, etc and they fall into the hands of a man and turn him into a transgender superhero whenever he puts them on.

A need to lose more weight and get more flexible to film my superhero parts. But I filmed all the non-superhero parts where I was overweight without the underwear on.
sfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:37 PM   #10
WesternStageProps
Basic Member
 
WesternStageProps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoster View Post
Damn that must be a really nice knife!!!! Almost $200
https://www.knifecenter.com/item/BO1...delrin-handles

It's worth it to have a safe identical replica.

The film I'm making is a superhero action comedy. There is a magical pair of womens underwear that give you powers like flight, combat, protection from bullets and explosions, plus the outfit with a skirt, cape, etc and they fall into the hands of a man and turn him into a transgender superhero whenever he puts them on.

A need to lose more weight and get more flexible to film my superhero parts. But I filmed all the non-superhero parts where I was overweight without the underwear on.
This sounds like a movie I need to see. :-D
WesternStageProps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


©IndieTalk