• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

KubricksRube- a new website on filmmaking!

Hi there guys, although I'm not the most active poster here I visit IT pretty religiously and so I'm hoping to get some feedback from the experts here on my new website, http://kubricksrube.com/

The site is basically designed as a helpful resource for filmmakers, mainly aimed at newcomers who want to make their films and aren't really sure what to do, but hopefully anyone at any stage of their filmmaking can find some useful stuff here.

The first feature was The Beginners Guide to Filmmaking, a concise 7 part series with interviews to answer any questions someone might have (or should have!) on filmmaking when they start out. Featuring contributions from Ernest Worthing, Alcove Audio and Cracker Funk I'm incredibly happy with how it turned out and think it would be a really great resource to any new filmmaker.

Now that's concluded, I'm just looking to post more general info. There's so much stuff that can be posted that I can't see myself running out of ideas any time soon!

Anyway, I hope you guys check out the site and I'd love all your feedback. I'm also trying to spread the word so if you like the site, tell someone! Or everyone! ;)

Thanks guys, JK

I see you got Barry Green to write for it. Nice.

I think the beginners guide is useful for a lot of the basic questions we get here everyday.

Tx for making me a small part of it :)

Yeah, getting Barry was awesome, I'm still saving up for his DVDs! I thought everyone in the Beginners Guide did an amazing job though and all the Indietalkers involved surpassed my expectations if anything. Special thanks to Cracker Funk as he wrote his the day before I posted it when I sprung it on him.

I am really pleased with the Beginners Guide, just need to carry it on and add more quality content. Anyone have any suggestions?

Looks great. I took a peek at it last week but had a good look now and it's got some top content.

The Beginner's Guide is really hot shit. Some super interviews there and really nice consistency. The main things I've learnt about running a film website are:

1.) Keep up the content, don't get bored. Don't not write an article just because you 'don't have time'.
2.) Have a sense of humour wherever possible.
3.) Pretty pictures!

Can't really offer any more advice but it looks very neat! :)

I enjoyed answering your very well thought-out questions, and I've enjoyed reading the other interviews. Good stuff, man! Keep it up!

Back