A little presumptuous but... (reality filming)

I had this posted elsewhere but it didn't gain much traction. Posting it here for further input.

Over the last few weeks I've had the pleasure of being involved in an up and coming reality show. The show has nothing to do with what I would call my "specialty" (paranormal) but the segments we were filming involved it for a portion of their show.

I paid attention, learned what I could, asked (hopefully) the right questions, and after discussing it with those that are primarily involved in my previous endeavors I feel more confident about moving forward with a somewhat unique idea I have on a reality show.

Yes I know... presumptuous, but bare with me.

I really only have one question and hope the community here will provide some input.

If I do plan to do this and shop it around would it be best if I had an entire first-season filmed before moving forward? Would that help sell it better?

I know it may seem like a waste of time but if push comes to shove I'll just throw it online, enable ads, and let it (hopefully) gain some attention for my endeavors (past, present, and future).

GOOGLE search - presumptuous meaning

Search result below,

(of a person or their behaviour) failing to observe the limits of what is permitted or appropriate.

"I hope I won't be considered presumptuous if I offer some advice"

"it's rather presumptuous to judge my character on such short acquaintance"
antonyms: timid, unassuming

Green line reads your problem.
Blue one reads newbies problem.
We newbies expect uninviting magenta line lot .

There should have been club of seniors in this forum , where newbies can directly pose question/expect suggestion.

presumptuous , is nice word .Would surely use in dialogue stance with that particular situation and character.

If I do plan to do this and shop it around would it be best if I had an entire first-season filmed before moving forward? Would that help sell it better?

Not necessarily. If you just have more footage, that's not necessarily a better product. Even more 'episodes' of something buyers aren't interested in doesn't make it a better product. I think your best bet would be to make a really solid pilot episode, and shop that around.

Search result below,

(of a person or their behaviour) failing to observe the limits of what is permitted or appropriate.

There should have been club of seniors in this forum , where newbies can directly pose question/expect suggestion.

presumptuous , is nice word .Would surely use in dialogue stance with that particular situation and character.

Joejohn... What? Just... WHAT?!

Search result below,

presumptuous
[pri-zuhmp-choo-uh s] Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
adjective
full of, characterized by, or showing presumption or readiness to presume in conduct or thought, as by saying or doing something without right or permission.
unwarrantedly or impertinently bold; forward.

--------------There's the definition since you seem to think Google is the end-all word.

Not necessarily. If you just have more footage, that's not necessarily a better product. Even more 'episodes' of something buyers aren't interested in doesn't make it a better product. I think your best bet would be to make a really solid pilot episode, and shop that around.

That's the route I wanted to go. But this production I was on is filming the first episode without an official network buying it yet. They say they have several bidding on it though.

Last edited:
Back