• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

mp4 errors

So,

I have now finished my third feature and only thing is needed is to combine two mp4 clips together.

technical aspects of the clips are :

h.264
1920x1080
25fps
Square pixels
PAL
VBR bitrate
32-40
audio: ACC 48 000 Hz and 32bit

both clips work separetely but when I try to combine them together in Premire, I always get a corrupted mp4 file.

I think that maybe part 2 is some how corrupted but it does open in VLC-player, but not in Bluray encoder program. Then when I combine part 1 and 2 in one file the whole file gets corrupted.

So now I have a dilemma what to do. I could render part 1 and 2 again but in what format I should use, since the mp4 file seems to get corrupted.

Maybe I'm missing something very obvious, but why are you exporting the film in two parts in the first place?

As Premiere and your Bluray encoder have problems with one file but not the other then I would suggest one of your files has corrupted. Some error messages would be very helpful.

If you must do it in two sections, export master files using an intermediate codec such as ProRes or DNxHD and then combine and convert into an MP4 from there.

Hi,

the movie was mixed in two parts so I could work with part 2 and in the same time part 1 was mixed.

I think I will do just what you adviced and encode those two parts again in different codec.

I sorted this by encoding a mov file from part 1+2 and it works. Strange thing is that I was able to use part 1 and 2 without any problems and render them to mov file but not mp4.

Back