• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Schitzophrenic Man Rapes Himself

You obviously haven't even begun to research what Schizophrenia is, and have created something that is potentially very offensive.

There's a lot of judgmental people in here....

Admittedly, I didn't think the short was that funny but it had nothing to do with the title or perceived content. This was supposed to be a comedy short, not a documentary. It's just like when Tosh or Dane Cook try to make a joke out of heavy subject matter and get blasted for it. This person is trying to make people laugh. If you're offended, that's unfortunate. But that doesn't mean this person was wrong for trying to make something they felt was humorous.

That is, unless he wasn't trying to be humorous. In which case the filmmaker my be a bit sick in the head...

Last edited:

Admittedly, I didn't think the short was that funny but it had nothing to do with the title or perceived content. This was supposed to be a comedy short, not a documentary. It's just like when Tosh or Dane Cook try to make a joke out of heavy subject matter and get blasted for it. This person is trying to make people laugh. If you're offended, that's unfortunate. But that doesn't mean this person was wrong for trying to make something they felt was humorous.

The title alone gives me the impression he's trying too hard. It has less to do with being offended and more of a kneejerk reaction that he's probably an unfunny hack.

That is, unless he wasn't trying to be humorous. In which case the filmmaker my be a bit sick in the head...
To draw a parallel, the anti-homosexual campaigns from 1960s America are funny because they are so incredibly misguided and offensive, but that is because we know better now- they're funny because we can view them as a joke, in the knowledge that everything they stand for is incorrect.

However, this is different because the majority of the audience will not understand schizophrenia themselves, as it is a commonly misunderstood subject. There is a misconception about schizophrenia that runs through so many films and novels- if the audience knew the true nature of the subject then this short could be considered funny, but as it is, it is just encourages this misconception.

I doubt that AustinW90 is writing in an ironic sense, mainly because he mispells schizophrenia in the title of the film. This film is idiotic, and would be incredibly offensive to anyone with a personal experience with the disorder.

Why do you say that people offering their opinion is judgmental? No
one said he was wrong for trying - they expressed their opinion. I think
that's a good thing even if the opinion isn't positive.

At the risk of being accused of being judgmental I will say I didn't find it
funny and it has nothing to do with schizophrenia. I suspect this is a
"drive-by" post and the OP will never return, but perhaps using
"Schitzophrenic" (sic) in the thread title wasn't the best way to promote
this movie. I'm aware this isn't a documentary, but when the thread
title says it's a movie about schizophrenia then I think it's acceptable
to mention schizophrenia when judging the movie.

Reminds me of Hank from Me Myself and Irene. I think he did a pretty good job of playing the two characters. Reminds me of Jim Carey's crazy stuff too. The voice reminds me of tropic thunder's Robert Downey Jr.'s character Kirk Lazarus playing a black guy.

This video was disturbing at times well most of the time. But it was pretty funny at one point at least I thought so but again disturbing. The title itself was enough to almost scare me off from watching this. Then the video footage was enough to scare me too. Ha.... I was LOL during the rape scene it was pretty funny but disturbing.

People will be upset because you are not taking rape seriously instead are poking fun of it by making this video. So it is understandable that people may not see humor in this.

I think you need more actors and probably a better script. The acting was good I thought. I guess this video was to shock people both the title and the subject/content of video.

Wow there is a ton of Star Wars stuff on the wall there.

Last edited:
The problem is not that it's all that offensive but really it's because the filmmaker thought he was filming a short about Schizophrenia. What the filmmaker actually made a short film about is Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID). Me Myself and Irene also got that wrong. Schizophrenia does not mean multiple personalities.

Funny and disturbing

Personally, I really liked this piece. Sure it's very amature, but it was sucessful in being funny in a Dark Comedy sort of way. But more interestingly, I was disturbed by it.

You set a very disturbing tone, not sure what the key element was, maybe it was the sound (or lack of).

Keep it up man!

Back