• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Looking for a script

I'm looking for a script. I would prefer comedy or drama, but if it's good, the genre doesn't matter. I can't pay a whole bunch and would much rather get it for free. Let me see what ya got!

Yeah obviously budget is a concern. This will be an indie film, so nothing too crazy. I'm looking for something that has something to say, a script that has some meaning that people can get behind.

This is something I will make, I have a whole lot of people that are ready and waiting to participate, but I don't have a good script. I'm writing but it is taking me a long time to get something. If somebody had something good that they wanted to see filmed, this is a great opportunity.

Do you have a director's reel? One way you can do this is partner with a screenwriter that wants to see their writing on the screen, but they'll want to know the director is good and that it has enough of a budget to pull it off.

But nobody is going to give away a really good free script to a nobody with 0 budget and no reel, body of work, or really good short film, unfortunately.

But nobody is going to give away a really good free script to a nobody with 0 budget and no reel, body of work, or really good short film, unfortunately.

Yeah I was kind of thinking the same thing. It's just taking me a lot longer to get a screenplay written than I had planned. I was hoping that there was someone out there that had something that they wrote but don't have the people or the equipment to film it, but they would like to see it done anyways.

That is good advice though, maybe after I finish a couple of my screenplays and get them filmed and get a bunch of practice and experience to build a reel it could be easier. Of course by then I would probably only want to film my stuff. Funny how that works huh?

I am not necessarily looking for a feature length, I am just looking for something to shoot. I'll write up a bunch of shorts and see what works and what doesn't. Thanks for all the responses. I think I just need to think smaller.

In that case, there's someone here that's offering shorts. This will be MUCH easier. Let me find the link.

I'm looking for a script. I would prefer comedy or drama, but if it's good, the genre doesn't matter. I can't pay a whole bunch and would much rather get it for free. Let me see what ya got!

Also, maybe it would help if you mention some films you are into. Someone here might have the greatest script, but if its something that does not interest you, and you just do it to do it, it will hurt the project.

What do you enjoy? What do you gravitate towards? Give examples. And, this would be too narrow, but just for discussions sake, what do YOU want to say? Think collaborative, the project should mean just as much to you as it does to the writer.

Finally, yes, if you have any film reel that would help a ton. I have a few scripts I am not doing anything with, but I still value them, and would like to see that if I leave my kid at this daycare, that the people running it actually care about kids. I imagine most writers feel like this.

Finally, yes, if you have any film reel that would help a ton. I have a few scripts I am not doing anything with, but I still value them, and would like to see that if I leave my kid at this daycare, that the people running it actually care about kids. I imagine most writers feel like this.

Yeah I'm starting to get the hint on this one. It is kind of a funny thing, I'm writing a couple of shorts right now to film to build a reel, and the more I go down this road the less I want to negotiate with others for their scripts. I'll just do my own thing, since it's easier and I already know exactly what I want.

Back