Kickstarter issue

I'm dipping my filthy toes into the kickstarter craze, and put together my first project to be funded through a kickstarter.
On my link tracker I can see that people go to our page, but they re not putting in a coin.
Do you guys think you can scan through the page to see what's wrong with it?
Are our rewards not appealing enough?
Or is our movie idea not intriguing?
Maybe something else that we completely missed out on?
Thanks!
Kickstarter.raykethemovie.com

I think kickstarter is just at it's saturation point where films are concerned.

It's a good platform and safe landing page for friends, family, and fans to gather and donate, but you need to do the legwork 100% outside of the site. How many people have you called and asked outright for money?

Basically the most successful kickstarter campaigns right now are prototype products/gadgets and projects from famous people, or at least brands with cult followings.

Gotcha. So I wont be taking it personally then haha
I got some money for the project from outside sources already. Not much, but enough to cover few things.
Oh well, I ll keep grinding away!

Not sure if you omitted "Why do we need your help" from your video on purpose.

I think your missing poster is a pretty good idea. It might be a little cheap, but what do you do?

Outside that, you have to pound the pavement. Get your message out there. Build your fan base and leverage your fan base.

On my link tracker I can see that people go to our page, but they re not putting in a coin.

I'd say this is normal - you can realistically only expect a very small percentage of visitors to your page will contribute - usually in the single digit percentages, often less than 1%. How many hits do you have on the page? 9 backers is about 1% of 1000 visitors, do you have a lot more traffic than that? If not, I'd say the problem is likely less with the campaign itself and more with your reach & marketing.

Back