• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

A Joker's Card Premiere

Sadly the DVD was not working with my players. :(

The audio CD of the soundtrack is really great, though! :cool:

Track 10 is my fave by far... a real tip of the hat to the Adam West era. The other tracks are also extremely good... a lot of variety to the sounds, from solemn tolling bells and an Elfman-style, to that percussive drum-thing from Japan. (Forgot what that's called)

I watched the online version at UnderGroundFilm.org ... not the best way to appreciate the details in it, but still a decent online compressed file.

It's quite the mix of material!

It has serious scenes...
Interview with "Mr Big"

It has slapstick scenes...
Fat-lady charging the gang

It has Woody Allen - style neurotic scenes...
just watch it!

It has experimental scenes...

_______

I would have liked to have seen more actual super-hero costumes... I was expecting several.

But that aside, the choreographed finale "wire-fu" fight segment was fantastic. :cool:

_______

I've read elsewhere that colour plays a big part in each scene... kinda hard to tell on my my ancient monitor, viewing a web-file... I'll have more to say when I can see it on my tele. :P

I saw the undergroundfilm version as well... it was quite excellent!
LOVED the ending (as Zen puts it... "wire-fu")
Really "out there" bizzaro Batman flick! Congrats! You hit my sweet spot... although the absence of the REAL caped crusader made me weep.
Great flick!

Thanks to both of you taking the time to watch it and to review, sadly the online version also have a bug, I sent them the cut off version during the bloopers at the end credit :( (I've re-sent them another copy and hopefully that will be adjusted accordingly)

When I ventured to this parody fan film, I didn't want to put too much of actual characters because of the 'fair use' clause, and especially, was hoping to be able to move toward the festival route (by using copyrighted material or considering as fan film, if a festival charges for people to come see their films, I can't submit this in or it will be liable for lawsuit... Even with fair use anyway)... So because of that and wanted to do something silly: to pay some tribute with the heroes and villians we grew up with and poking fun of the 'what if scenario' and some 'kungfu' movies :) In particular, the mask I wore is an alteration from Aveging Fist (A HK Tekken based movie by Summo Huang), the scene where I ran toward Nightwing, is paying homage of Hero (during Jet Li vs Donnie Yen), the fat lady flying, paying tribute to TV's b/w Superman TV show, etc :) - ok, me stop here, not going to bore you to death...

Steve, your dvd copy is on it's way to you yet again, I do hope it works and you enjoys it as much as you can, btw, if you try the next button on the bad dvd you got from me, see if it would advance forward or somesort, sometimes yuo can also copy the video_ts folder to your computer and reburn it to another dvd of your own and it might work, or hell, try it on the computer using the video_ts folder?

i packed the dvd with a lot a lot of stuff so people can also enjoy that was made to make this fun project ;)

Again, thanks for taking the time to watch it :)

Last edited:
Back